At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.Job Description Summary
Responsible for executing commercial loan processes that require customer interaction. Assists with various transactions on behalf of the customer. Coordinates resolution with all business partners.Essential Job Functions
Other Job Duties
- Receives, responds to and resolves escalated inquiries and issues from clients regarding commercial loans.
- Executes a wide variety of transactions in bank systems including, but not limited to posting payments received via mail, changing or adding customer addresses, SBA loan sales, small business credit card setup & maintenance, and calculating loan payoff amounts (including loan prepayment fees.)
- Effectively communicates in writing and via telephone with clients and internal bank personnel regarding transactions processed or inquiries received
- Approves outgoing payments such as cashier’s checks and wire transfers within approved limits.
- Identifies operational improvements
- Maintains thorough knowledge of unit policies, procedures, standards and workflow
- Serves as process expert for projects and initiatives with external vendors and clients as well as internal business partners
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Experience with commercial lending systems and standard productivity applications including Word, Excel, Access and Outlook
- 5-7+ years minimum prior relevant experience
- High School Diploma or GED Required
- Requires practical knowledge in commercial lending operations
- Knowledge and skills within a specific technical or professional discipline
- Strong communications, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Experience in banking and/or finance industry
Commercial Loan DocumentationEqual Employment Opportunity Policy
Commercial Loan Servicing
- Responsible for compiling and preparing standard and non-standard loan documents as per terms and conditions of the approval for all loans.
- May be responsible for loan files from any or all points including loan processing, loan documentation preparation, pre-boarding data entry, loan documentation review, loan closing, and/or tickler/file maintenance.
- May assist in projects relative to process/workflow improvements, system updates/releases, system enhancements, etc.
- May process complex loan transactions and/or book loans to the loan system
- Review and process complicated requested financial transactions (including Syndications and Special Assets) originated from customers and internal business partners.
- May perform reviews of transactions processed by other CLS staff to determine whether the transaction was posted completely and accurately.
- May handle escalated or complicated research requests as needed
- May perform periodic report review
- May work with internal partners to reconcile GL and other accounts
- May interact with outside service providers or government agencies
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.
Primary Location: United States-California-City of IndustryJob Type: Full-timeJob: Commercial