At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.Job Description Summary
Responsible for supervising the loan documentation process to conform with credit approval and ensure that all loan processing functions are completed in a timely, accurate and cost effective manner in support of CBG Lending Divisions. Manages the daily tasks of the assigned loan administrators. Makes decisions on escalated matters. Manages the loan administrators duties to compile and analyze due diligence materials required for the loan administrator to create the loan documents or coordinate with legal counsel to prepare the loan documents to ensure the documents accurately represents the loan terms pursuant to credit approval and BOW's loan policy and business standards. Communication between the Bank deal team must be engaged soon after customer interest. The Bank deal team retains a high degree of customer interaction. This is the supervisory level of this job family.Essential Job Functions
Other Job Duties
- Oversees the assignment and prioritization of the loan portfolio within the assigned unit. Assigns new loan transactions and supervises the activities of assigned loan administrators in the daily operational functions of the CBG Loan Middle Office Department. Coordinates loan administration workflow, providing assistance and guidance as needed to ensure all loan processes are completed and all loans are boarded and funded to BOW standards and within the established service levels.
- Responsible for training assigned loan administrators in all matters, basic and advanced, related to documenting and servicing all types of commercial loans. Assists the Team Leader in performance evaluations, performance management and staffing requirements.
- Ensures quality of loan documents are within all guidelines to generate the profit required to achieve BOW goals and meet internal and external audit requirements. Will review and approve complex documentation, agreements, contracts, etc. that require a higher level of expertise than the loan administrator.
- Ensures loan administrators are informed of new Bank policies/procedures, service level agreements, regulatory and compliance changes.
- May support loan administrators in difficult cases by serving as liaison with all parties involved in the loan (e.g. internal Bank partners, borrower, attorney, and/or title company) in coordination of processing activities to the transaction.
- Assists the deal team in drafting special documents required to cover unusual loan terms. May work with legal counsel in reviewing and negotiating loan documents with borrower.
- May assist in the preparation and implementation of policies and procedures.
- Maintains knowledge of current trends in industries serviced and market trends.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Understands basic management approaches such as work scheduling, prioritizing, coaching and process execution.
- Typically requires advanced knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
- Requires 7 years minimum prior relevant experience.
- Associate's Degree
- High School Diploma or GED Required
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
- Strong communications skills.
- Project management skills.
- Expertise in diligence requirements.
- Expertise in compliance policy (OFAC, KYC, insurance disclosures, etc.).
- Deep understanding of borrower types, loan types, and collateral types, with implications for loan processing.
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.
Primary Location: United States-Arizona-TempeJob Type: Full-timeJob: Business / Commercial Banking