At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.Job Description Summary
Responsible for developing policies and strategies for implementing and monitoring the recovery of past due receipts for all EFD portfolio accounts. Directly supervises the Collections Department staff to ensure compliance with Company policies and procedures. Acts as technical resource to peers throughout the organization and across various functionalities. Negotiates contracts with external companies to sell collection services in accordance with the company's policies and procedures.Essential Job Functions
Other Job Duties
- Maintains a percentage (to be determined at the start of every year) of aggregate receivable dollar balances of EFD portfolio accounts that are over 30 days past due at each month end.
- Supervises staff collecting specific external bank portfolios and establishes goals to be met. Achieves goals that will impact costs, personnel, and deadlines.
- Meets the projected monthly budget of late charges determined at the start of every year.
- Utilizes capacity planning models to ensure maximum productivity in a cost-effective manner.
- Follows EFD procedures to minimize the dollars of receivable balances of accounts in the portfolio that are charged off each month.
- Negotiates and implements the collection function for external clients. Writes documentation and monitors the program in accordance with the client’s policies and procedures.
- Works in concert with EFD Legal Department on settlements, bankruptcies and other legal concerns, and ensures prompt and appropriate handling.
- Interfaces with Risk Management, Portfolio Management and other business entities to anticipate future trends in the portfolio. Monitors industry exposure through analysis of delinquency trends. Consults with clients and risk management team for the outlook of various industries.
- Analyzes, recommends and identifies to the credit department specific equipment that has deteriorated in value in order for them to properly evaluate collateral in support of lease transactions.
- Annually evaluates the collateral, usage to the lessee and the industry concentration of the FMV transactions for unguaranteed residuals leases.
- Pursues and maintains industry professional development.
- Establishes and maintains procedures for portfolio service providers for purchased portfolios who servicing remains with the seller.
- Manages leasing portfolio receivables.
- Communicates effectively and in a timely manner with all customers and clients.
- Attracts and maintains professional staff. Prepares performance reviews, develops training plans, develops progressive disciplinary plans, and provides accurate and timely documentation of significant disciplinary action and termination.
- Develops internal training plans on leasing life-cycle processes, promotes cross-functionality throughout EFD on LAN network, software, Info Lease system, proactively prepares staff to meet company future needs, and handles all other staffing issues for department.
- Prepares month end reports of collections statistics for direct lending business and portfolio management clients.
- Pursues and maintains industry professional development.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree equivalent combination of education and experience
- Requires 5 years' minimum prior relevant experience leading a Collections team
- Understands basic management approaches such as work scheduling, prioritizing, coaching and process execution.
- Knowledge in general collections techniques, settlement, bankruptcy and litigation negotiations
- Proven experience in staff development, job performance management and organizational development
- Proven track record and ability to establish milestones and meet objectives
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
- Thorough knowledge of business to integrate strategies and link financial goals and organizational profitability
- Thorough understanding of EFD’s general business strategy as compared to competitors
- Excellent computer skills and proficiency in LAN network, Microsoft Office software, and lease accounting packages
- Ability to prioritize workload while remaining aware of time-sensitive tasks
- Ability to delegate assignments
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management
- Ability to evaluate and sell alternative solutions
- Ability to effectively influence outcomes
- Ability to partner with client groups in a team approach to provide technical expertise in developing business strategy
- Customer service skills
- Establish and recommend changes to policies with organizational impact
- Exercise and continually develop interpersonal work relationships and management skills
- Negotiation and presentation skills
- Organizational and prioritization skills
- Personal computer skills using
- Microsoft Office software: Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.
- Verbal and written communication skills.
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.
“While Bank of the West considers all applicants, we
will not sponsor candidates for work visas at this time.”
Primary Location: United States-Arizona-TempeJob Type: Full-timeJob: Business / Commercial Banking