At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.Job Description Summary
Responsible for the collection of delinquent accounts ensuring that portfolio cash flow is maximized and portfolio losses are kept to a minimum. Makes appropriate and timely collection calls on the account. Utilizes Info Lease system diary to manage timely follow-up on delinquent accounts. Interfaces with the clients. Produces accurate collection analysis reporting for presentation to the Collections Manager and to client(s). Maintains strong working relationships with Customer Service and Accounting DepartmentsEssential Job Functions
Other Job Duties
- Manages the collections process to include: collection of current business information from customers, generates collection letters, tracks non-sufficient funds checks, provides backup processing for checks-by-phone, resolves invoicing issues, troubleshoots any payments received without invoice information, faxes requests for lease copies or monthly invoices upon request, and pulls hard-copy files for research.
- Reviews delinquent accounts and contacts lessees when accounts become 30 days past due. Refers all delinquent accounts 60 days past due to the Collections Manager.
- Determines cause of delinquency via information collected, develops strategy for collection of funds, and monitors payment plan. Follows up with guarantors or executive company officials to strategize difficult collection.
- Collects any outstanding late charges, taxes, and miscellaneous items. Prepares buyouts/payoffs.
- Logs and notes all client calls on the Info Lease system.
- Generates daily and monthly reports from Info Lease system. Prepares month end reports, generates weekly aging reports, and runs credit reports and other reports as required. Reviews delinquency reports.
- Utilizes subscription services (Haines, Experian, Equifax, Dunn & Bradstreet reports) to thoroughly skip trace clients as necessary.
- Prepares contract dispositions and various forms regarding cash application errors and changes to the account.
- Responds promptly and answers client inquiries on specific portfolios and follows procedures and guidelines of portfolios.
- Works with portfolio team members to ensure all monthly client reporting is accurate.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Associate's Degree equivalent combination of education and experience
- Requires 3 years minimum experience in Financial Services Collections
- Demonstrated ability to generate delinquency reports
- Demonstrated ability to follow portfolio directions and procedures and Company policies and guidelines
- Demonstrated ability to analyze statistical and financial data
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
- Knowledge of Info Lease system
- Ability to prepare reports and business correspondence
- Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams/committees
- Ability to develop strong working relationships
- Ability to perform calculations of varying complexity (discounts, interest, commissions, percentages)
- Ability to manage workflow and priorities
- Attention to details
- Analytical and research skills
- Customer service skills
- Organizational and prioritization skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Technical skills using Microsoft Office software: Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.
- Verbal and written communication skills.
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.
Primary Location: United States-Arizona-TempeJob Type: Full-timeJob: Business / Commercial Banking