Collateral Management Analyst
BNP Paribas is a leading European bank with an international reach. It has a presence in 72 countries, with more than 202,000 Employees – including more than 154,000 in Europe and over 5,000 in Portugal alone.
BNP Paribas is present in Portugal since 1985, having been one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, BNP Paribas has several entities operating directly in this territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
Worldwide, the Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporate and institutional clients) to realise their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance.
On the Global Markets and ALMT perimeters, and on a global basis, Global Market Securities Settlement Paris ensure that Security transactions (Equities, Bonds, Complex Securities, ETF, SLAB, Repo,…) and positions registered in the books under CIB ITO’s mandate, match the commitment actually taken with counterparties within a secure setup, in accordance with Group and Regulatory Policies and/or contractual agreements.
Within the Securities Settlement Department, the main processes of Collateral include booking activities as the direct support of the Front Office, according to relevant legal documentation (collateral schedule, matrix…), transaction and event-related.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsible for Collateral Coverage of non-cash Stock Lending transactions in BOLIVAR system:
- Ensuring all short positions resulting from Buy and Sell activities are fully covered by recall of Securities put through Collateral transactions
- Monitoring new Stock Lending Transactions (Principal done as bilateral or 3-Party trades) with related Collateral posting: booking of the relevant assets in BOLIVAR according to contractual documentation
- Monitors the daily exposures for the bank and adjust relevant collateral transactions
- Follow-up with Settlements BackOffice the accurate settlements of collateral transactions booked
Responsible for Market Events follow-up, record of Collateral Schedule & Referential monitoring:
- Reconciles Clients Securities portfolios, ensures the correct book / funds allocation into internal system BOLIVAR
- Follow-up Market Events (CoA) and takes appropriate actions by recalling / posting Securities according to Front Office strategy
- Records the collateral Matrix into internal system BOLIVAR
- Verifies daily mark to market transactions, hair-cut, eligible assets and adjust Collateral posting when relevant
Contribute to the minimisation of settlement costs & operational risk:
- By becoming more risk aware and by following the procedures or Compliance rules that are in place to mitigate operational or reputational risk
- Performs the daily exposures check for the bank, ensuring all collateral margins / new transactions are fully covered
- If necessary, using the escalation process to Front Office or direct Manager when operational risk is detected
- By liaising with Risk (GRM & IM) departments for exposures amount controls
- Facilitates the handling of market risks for accurate of recall of Securities when a risk is detected by settlements teams (SLAB Settlements or Equities team)
Contribute to the overall successful running of the SLAB Collateral department:
- By maintaining close relationships with traders and sales and escalating problems to them promptly where required
- By maintaining good working relationships with Clients or CCP
- By communicating with, and assisting, other operational departments where needed
- Ensuring direct Managers are kept informed of any potential problems & issues where appropriate.
- University degree
- In addition to fluent English (mandatory), French is a clear advantage
- Client and result oriented
- Developed MS Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to work methodically and meticulously with multiple evolving documents
- Strong team spirit, ability to integrate and also self-start
- Strong knowledge of Securities & operational processes surrounding securities
- Strong Financial Markets knowledge (SLAB, Bonds rating, limit / concentration, hair-cut, market value,…)
- Good knowledge of derivatives products
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft software (XL, VBA, Word, PPT, Outlook,…)
- If possible, knowledge of practices of Lean & CI
Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency, which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.