Cloud Solutions Architect
At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Responsible for directing the functional activities of assigned staff including technical design, product evaluations, and project management. Provides management with direction and leadership in technical areas. Provides advice and counsel to management concerning the application of computing techniques to business problems. Assigned area(s) of responsibility are activities of high complexity and impact.
- Provide expertise and leadership in cloud infrastructure, cloud services architecture and application space
- Work closely with engineering teams, DevOps, Cloud-Ops team and Business Partners, provide hands-on engagement to develop, direct and implement reliable and future-proof cloud solutions
- Drive cloud security and compliance requirements into the cloud architecture framework, including for the data integration points with on-premise and other cloud systems.
- Participate with a cross department-functional team to establish a cloud operational governance framework
- Present technical concepts and specific solutions to internal and external audiences of varying technical capabilities in a clear, concise and easily understood manner.
- Define and document the cloud reference architecture and drive its implementation across all the cloud components.
- Lead significant production improvements, drive to achieve a high degree of automation, security, and performance management
- Be the champion and the advocate of adopting the best design practices and ensure Bank cloud products are built consistently aligned to the expressed cloud architecture
- 5 to 7 years of experience with cloud solutions, virtual platforms, software development, and operational management practices and frameworks
- Experience with Data Center migration, and DC migration to Private and Public Cloud
- A proven history of synthesizing and simplifying complex product and business objectives into architecture and system design is required.
- In depth knowledge and hands on experience with the full range of cloud service providers/solutions, on Amazon Web Services (AWS), and/or Microsoft Azure, or Google Cloud
- Professional experience architecting, implementing and supporting Amazon Web Services (AWS) infrastructure and topologies
- Understanding of security, risk and compliance frameworks, disaster recovery, high availability architectures, hardware, operating systems and networking connectivity
- Good exposure to Agile software development and DevOps practices such as Infrastructure as Code (IaC), Continuous Integration and automated deployment
- Experience communicating across internal and external organizations
- Bachelor's Degree
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.