In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 17,000 employees* and a presence in 13 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 73 markets with more than 196,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career in an international business environment that is fast-paced, diverse and focuses on creating high-value relationships with our clients. We offer competitive salary and benefits, as well as a working environment where you’re valued as part of the team.
* excluding partnerships
WM Information Services (WMIS) provides IT application development and IT support for WM Business sites and operates from Paris, Luxemburg, Geneva, Lisbon, Singapore and Chennai.
Within WMIS, you will join IT Transformation team and contribute to transforming the way we develop, deploy and collaborate. Your future team is focused on reducing time-to-market, simplifying delivery processes and increasing the quality of deliveries.
As a Cloud Engineer, you will work closely with multiple teams, including Digital Channels, Infrastructure and other business applications and technology teams.
As a member of the Cloud team you will help setup the BNPP WM Private and Public Cloud accounts and define the operating model of our hybrid Cloud. You will build and maintain templates, Ansible playbooks and scripts to automate and deploy resources and configuration changes. You will design and implement our first pilots in the Cloud. You will assist the other application teams that are taking advantage of a growing set of Cloud services and containerization to run mission-critical applications.
Technical and Behavioral Competencies Required
• Strong critical thinker with problem solving aptitude
• Good written and oral communication skills
• Strong knowledge of Linux platform and CLI
• Proficiency in at least one scripting language (Python and/or Bash preferred)
• Proficiency at Git
• Building software and continuous integration (Jenkins, Travis, Concourse, etc.)
• Cloud computing infrastructure (Libvirt, Qemu, Openstack, Cloudstack, Docker, Kubernetes etc.)
• Public Cloud environments (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, etc.)
• Cloud automation (Terraform, CloudFormation, etc.)
• Infrastructure automation (Puppet, Ansible, Chef, etc.)
• Exposure to Cloud security best practices/tooling
Technical and Behavioral Competencies Good to have
• Knowledge and experience of IBM Cloud
• Kubernetes Certification
• Speaking at conferences and/or user groups
• Contributing to open source projects
• Knowledge of Agile methodology
Experience And Qualifications Required
• Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or computer engineering
• 7+ years of experience in IT Operations or Software Engineering
• At least 3+ years of hands-on experience with a Cloud provider (AWS/Azure/Google)
• At least 3+ years of hands-on experience on Ansible or Docker