BNP Paribas is a leading European bank with an international reach. It has a presence in 73 countries, with more than 192,000 employees – including more than 146,000 in Europe and over 4,000 in Portugal alone.
BNP Paribas is present in Portugal since 1985, having been the first foreign bank to operate in the country. Today, BNP Paribas has several entities operating directly in this territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
Worldwide, the Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporate and institutional clients) to realise their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance.
BNP Paribas is recruiting for its European Finance Operations Center in Lisbon, part of the Group Finance function. Group Finance is responsible for compiling and processing accounting and financial information in order to ensure its publication and to provide Executive Management with the necessary information for the entire Group’s financial management.
Within Group Finance, Purchasing Solutions & Accounts Payable (PS&AP) is in charge of the cost accounting operations and tools for the Group.
The Cost Accounting Solutions (support/business) team within PS&AP Cost Accounting Services manages the request and normal/major incident Management (Level 1) on cost accounting tools.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide first-line support on cost accounting tools to businesses and entities of the Group
- Perform high-level functional analysis of incidents and propose solutions in collaboration with the business analysts of second level support
- Execute periodic controls on cost accounting tools to ensure systems are available and running smoothly
- Ensure major incident communication to management and internal customers
- Handle access rights and security-related tasks
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or in a related field
- Professional experience: Between 2 to 5 years of experience as a Support Officer in a similar role and organisation or in the field of Finance / Accounting
- Good understanding of Accounting
- Experience using Concur Expense software / RTS or other similar ticketing software is a plus
- Experience using SAP, other general ledgers or similar accounting tools is a plus
- Fluent in English (minimum B2 Level, CECRL certificate)
- French is a plus
- Quick self-starter, pro-active attitude with ability to work in a fast changing environment and with international locations
- Strong communication skills (spoken & written), resistant to stress in interpersonal contacts
- Strong analytical, problem solving, planning & organisational skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work autonomously / independently and with respect to established SLA
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered