BNP Paribas is a leading European bank with an international reach. It has a presence in 73 countries, with more than 192,000 employees – including more than 146,000 in Europe and over 7,000 in Portugal alone.
BNP Paribas is present in Portugal since 1985, having been the first foreign bank to operate in the country. Today, BNP Paribas has several entities operating directly in this territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
Worldwide, the Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporate and institutional clients) to realise their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance.
To serve and process operations for the 13,000 Corporate and Institutional Clients based in 57 countries, BNP Paribas CIB relies on its IT & Operations (ITO) departments. Built in 2012 from Capital Markets and Corporate Banking ITO teams, ITO Client Management regroups more than 1200 employees present in 38 countries.
Client Management is a department focused on the Client and its main mandate is to provide him with high quality and services according to its needs and expectations, while being aligned with CIB Businesses’ strategies. Client Management department covers IT, Operations and Transformation. All these teams share a common motto: create added value for Clients while protecting the Bank.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Client Service Officer is the front line operational point of contact for a client regarding any of their post-trade / post-sales activities. The team’s main objective is to manage clients’ expectations and so be responsible for providing the client with the appropriate answer within a timely manner, coordinating with other teams in the Bank when necessary. They play an important role in ensuring and improving day-to-day operational efficiency for maintaining and improving effective client queries management and as such directly contributing to the clients’ satisfaction.
• Provide CIB clients with a first line entry point for support in their post-sales and posttrade activities;
• Maintain a dynamic, interactive and pro-active relationship with the clients and with the internal stakeholders, ranging from Front Office to Back Office and Support Functions.
• Report and handle in the appropriate way any incidents, complaints and claims
according to procedures and policies in place;
• Handle the necessary steps for providing the client with the necessary e-banking solutions and products, ranging from contracting to the technical set-up of these tools and products, and ensure day to day queries management linked to their usage.
• Add value in the day to day interaction between the bank and its clients, by engaging and coordinating internally with key stakeholders and relay back to the clients the necessary information, and vice-versa;
• Be an active member of the team and take ownership of the activities by
recommending improvements to applications and working practices;
• Get an accurate and updated understanding of the needs of a client and understand their Market and operating environment. Identify opportunities to introduce alternative or additional products to their activities and advice the relevant Front Office staff.
• University degree, preferably in Economics, Finance or Languages is mandatory;
• Proven experience (at least 3 years) within Banking, preferably Corporate Banking Required;
• Fluent in German and English is mandatory, both written and spoken; Other European language is a plus;
• Knowledge of Corporate Banking, related products, Cash Management, Payments and processes or Global Markets, related products, and derivatives and processes;
• E-banking solutions experience, technical affinity, set-up, support, client training;
• Excellent communication skills, ability to express thoughts and opinions in a structured way;
• Client focus, interpersonal and ability to network;
• Team player;
• Analytical and problem solving;
• Attention to detail, accurate and organized;
• Flexible and open-minded, result driven, pro-active and ability to take initiative;
• Risk aware.
Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil
partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.