Client Service Officer - Dutch Speaker
BNP Paribas is a leading European bank with an international reach. It has a presence in 72 countries, with more than 202,000 Employees – including more than 154,000 in Europe and over 5,000 in Portugal alone.
BNP Paribas is present in Portugal since 1985, having been one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, BNP Paribas has several entities operating directly in this territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
Worldwide, the Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporate and institutional clients) to realise their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance.
- Provide CIB clients with a first line entry point for support in their post-sales and post-trade activities;
- Maintain a dynamic, interactive and pro-active relationship with the clients and with the internal stakeholders, ranging from Front Office to Back Office and Support Functions.
- Report and handle in the appropriate way any incidents, complaints and claims according to procedures and policies in place;
- Handle the necessary steps for providing the client with the necessary e-banking solutions and products, ranging from contracting to the technical set-up of these tools and products, and ensure day to day queries management linked to their usage.
- Add value in the day to day interaction between the bank and its clients, by engaging and coordinating internally with key stakeholders and relay back to the clients the necessary information, and vice-versa;
- Be an active member of the team and take ownership of the activities by recommending improvements to applications and working practices;
- Get an accurate and updated understanding of the needs of a client and understand their Market and operating environment. Identify opportunities to introduce alternative or additional products to their activities and advice the relevant Front Office staff.
- University degree, preferably in Economics, Finance or Languages is mandatory;
- Proven experience (at least 3 years) within Banking, preferably Corporate Banking Required;
- Fluent in Dutch and English is mandatory, both written and spoken; Other European language is a plus;
- Knowledge of Corporate Banking, related products, Cash Management, Payments and processes or Global Markets, related products, and derivatives and processes;
- E-banking solutions experience, technical affinity, set-up, support, client training;
- Excellent communication skills, ability to express thoughts and opinions in a structured way;
- Client focus, interpersonal and ability to network;
- Team player;
- Analytical and problem solving;
- Attention to detail, accurate and organized;
- Flexible and open-minded, result driven, pro-active and ability to take initiative;
- Risk aware.