SPANISH/ ENGLISH speaking Client Service Desk Officer – L1
VP Client Service Manager, Montreal
MISSION AND OBJECTIVES
The Corporate Banking Client Service Desk is tasked with two main missions.
-Level 1 support for our Corporate Banking Cash Management and Trade Finance products inclusive of e-Banking suite of products.
-Providing the “Americas” corporate clientele with a single point of contact that is responsible to handle inquiries related to their e-Banking, Corporate Banking products and operational needs.
The Corporate Banking Client Service Team is client focused and operationally savvy. They will need to provide level 1 support (External & Internal Client Contact) for e-banking and Corporate Banking issues, escalate when appropriate, seek out answers and follow up on all client inquiries including those beyond their area of expertise and remit. Additionally they must be able to handle client queries related to operational matters. The mission of the team is to “triage” client questions or concerns, address and or escalate where necessary, ensuring prompt attention and follow up for full and complete answers to the client (internal or external). The position will require development and understanding of both business knowledge and technical understanding of Cash Management and Trade services. Client satisfaction is the primary mission of the team.
• This position does not require management of staff
• Contribute directly to the Permanent Operational Control device: by applying the procedures, carrying out monitoring and alerting superiors to any malfunction/issues
• Represent BNP Paribas to its customers in keeping with the highest standards of quality in terms of content and presentation
• Facilitate the client on-boarding, for existing clients, in coordination with other stakeholders including Client Relationship Units, Referential, Client Implementation, etc.
• Facilitate registration, maintenance and support tasks for the Electronic Banking Suite of products offered by BNP Paribas:
-Handle documentation and coordination for: Setup/Modification/Deletion of Company/Accounts/Users
-Provide product trainings, demos and ongoing assistance
-Handle basic technical / functional trouble shooting and support
• Provide feedback on customer experience either via standard tools (call log, reports) or on an ad hoc basis (crisis escalation to line Manager and Relationship Manager):
-Proposal of system enhancements and new ideas/solutions based on client feedback
-Refer any marketing opportunities to Client Relationship Unit if applicable
• Manage operational support for a portfolio of customer accounts and act as back up for other agents when required
• Handles coordination of customer request to various departments
• Timely handling of all incoming queries/requests via Phone/Email channel and log all requests on the tracking tool used
• Participate in UAT (User Acceptance Testing) and other business case testing as needed
• Maintain expertise on all product lines and systems supported/used by the team
• Filing and Document management
• Participation in department meetings and other activities of the bank
• Handle various tasks and projects which may be assigned by manager from time to time
N.B. – The chosen candidate must be available to work any of the various shifts at the discretion of the manager. (Shifts are: 8am to 4pm 9am to 5pm 10am to 6pm). Availability to work on Canadian and US Holidays and on weekends
TRAINING AND OCCUPATIONAL EXPERIENCE
• University degree, preferably Bachelor in Business Administration or IT
• 2 years’ work experience in the field of banking operations/client service
• Experience in legal documentation and/or project management would be considered a strong asset
ESSENTIAL SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS
• Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel & PPT)
• Good working knowledge/understanding of Computers/Systems/Electronic Banking Platforms/ERP Systems
• Good working knowledge of Cash products (Payment Structure, SWIFT MTs, etc.) and basic understanding of Trade products (LCs, SBLCs, BGs, etc.)
• Good time management skills with the ability to work accurately while under pressure
• Languages: Fluent in English & French; preference for multi-lingual with emphasis toward Spanish (written and spoken) and Portuguese (heavily weighted asset; would be considered a strong asset.
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS
• Strong customer service skills
• Detail oriented
• Highly effective communicator, written and oral, with good interpersonal skills
• Ability to work in a highly autonomous team environment with minimal supervision
• Ability to work with precision in a fast paced environment
• Resourcefulness and creativity
A recruitment policy that promotes equity and diversity:
Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
We pride ourselves in applying non-discrimination rules to all our recruitments.
We will only contact the candidates selected who meet the job requirements in terms of training and experience.
About BNP Paribas
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. It has a presence in 73 countries, with more than 195,000 employees, including more than 148,000 in Europe. The Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporates and institutional clients) to realise their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance. In Europe, the Group has four domestic markets (Belgium, France, Italy and Luxembourg) and BNP Paribas Personal Finance is the leader in consumer lending. BNP Paribas is rolling out its integrated retail-banking model in Mediterranean countries, in Turkey, in Eastern Europe and a large network in the western part of the United States. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas also enjoys top positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas as well as a solid and fast-growing business in Asia-Pacific.
About BNP Paribas in Canada
In Canada, BNP Paribas is one of the dominant foreign banks in the country and is committed to building its platform even further. Since becoming the operational hub for the Group’s activities in North America in 2013, it has grown significantly to reach more than 700 employees and is expected to continue growing in the coming years. With the continued development of technology and financial fields, BNP Paribas Canada continues to attract experts with diverse backgrounds as well as young and ambitious talent from across the globe. With the international mobility and capacity that very few companies can offer, BNP Paribas prides itself in providing a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow.