In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 17,000 employees* and a presence in 13 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 73 markets with more than 196,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career in an international business environment that is fast-paced, diverse and focuses on creating high-value relationships with our clients. We offer competitive salary and benefits, as well as a working environment where you’re valued as part of the team.
* excluding partnerships
https://careers.apac.bnpparibas/ Position Purpose
Within the BNP Paribas Singapore, the Singapore Due Diligence Team’s is divided into 2 teams – Client Account Management and Client Relationship Management. The team’s objective is to be the sole interface for new and existing clients for the purpose of KYC due diligence. The goal, for this team, is to ensure a global and consistent service to both internal/external clients while maintaining proper risk management in the area of KYC due diligence.
This team will be working around 3 main themes:
- Prioritization of on-boarding
- Recertification, annual review, process.
- Remediation; regulatory and process changes
Overall, the team is responsible for a qualitative and compliant KYC process for new and existing clients.
The responsibilities will be diverse and varying, reliant on work required to be actioned. Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to the following:
1. Overall Job Requirements
• Ability to work independent on KYC due diligence end-to-end and provide advice to relevant businesses in light of information surrounding any particular customer for both on boarding or recertification
• Serve as ‘Primary Point of Contact’ to communicate and resolve any recertification process issues with business, clients and internal functions
• Ability to communicate independently and professionally with internal/external customers at all levels particularly senior, regional teams within Client Management ITO, as well as with teams in other BNPP locations
• Being aware and demonstrate the knowledge of regulation surrounding KYC/Due Diligence for Singapore
• Possessing knowledge in various types of trading entities - limited, private and public companies, holding companies, hedge funds, asset managers, special purpose vehicle’s, trust’s and specialised sectors such as MNC, Shipping, Gaming etc.
• Ability to interpret and articulate the guidelines provided by the Group Policies and Procedures to govern the KYC/AML onboarding/recertification process
2. Implementation and Process
• Bring responsible for ensuring each client/customer’s document collection is done in accordance with KYC due diligence policies
• Contribute to good quality client data
• Handle onboarding related requests quickly and professionally to reduce any delay and/or loss of business
3. Team Spirit
• Working within a team – with an adaptable flexible approach, coordinate with other Flow and the Recertification team members and with the different Client Onboarding teams globally
• Be open to change and support the vision of working in a fully transversal operation
4. Control and Risk
• Abide by operational risk procedures and escalate incidents to management where necessary
• Contribute to the implementation and controls for daily processes and assist with the update of procedures
5. Contributing responsibilities
• Contribute to BNPP compliance and operational permanent control framework
• Contribute to the reporting of all incidents according to the Incident Management Systems
• Ensure compliance with Bank’s policies/procedures and regulatory requirements, in particular with regard to the KYC/AML/FS responsibilities and duties, as per relevant policies and procedures.
• Compliant with the Bank’s code of conduct and compliance guidelines
Competencies (Technical / Behavioral)
• Possesses strong analytical skills with an eye for accuracy and details
• Good communicator with proficient writing and presentation skills
• At least 3 years of banking experience and relevant due diligence experience
• Team player that supports his/her colleagues in times of stress
• Strong understanding of due diligence and local Anti-Money Laundering requirements
• Fluent in English (spoken and written)
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Possesses strong fundamental and technical skills
• Excellent PC skills, especially in Excel
• Team player
• Ability to work independently, eager to learn and with attention to detail
• Able to deal with complex and high volume of requests
• Ability to work to tight deadlines
• Strong analytical skills
• Strong sense of risk