The Client Onboarding Analyst (COA) is responsible for onboarding new accounts, performing periodic reviews in accordance to Anti-Money Laundering (AML) regulations or as set by internal policies and procedures. More specifically, the COA will undertake due diligence to understand the AML risks within the non-transactional and transactional client relationships. The COA will ensure appropriate Know Your Client (KYC) requirements, fee agreements and other due diligence information are obtained and maintained in accordance with internal and regulatory standards.
- Under direct supervision of the Senior Client Onboarding Analyst – Team Leader (SCOA) and the Client Onboarding Manager (COM), complete due diligence on new and existing accounts to ensure compliance with requirements of BNP Paribas groups AML / KYC policies. This will entail performing and recording the results of searches and sanction checks.
- Proactively resolve ad-hoc queries related to all aspects of AML analysis.
- Where required establish and maintain trusted relationships with our clients to facilitate and accelerate the on-boarding processes.
- Provide guidance to the front office with regards to on-boarding polices and account initiation.
- Perform periodic reviews of accounts as required by the onboarding policies.
- Actively participate in developing, testing and implementing new or enhanced CDD processes and other process improvement initiatives as required.
- Proactively resolve queries received from front office and the Compliance Team, highlighting and escalating issues in a timely manner.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with front office staff and the Compliance Team.
- Work with the SCOA, COM and Compliance Team to provide training and guidance to staff on client onboarding procedures where required.
Essential experience/Personal qualities
- Demonstrable experience and undertaking client due diligence, including completing independent searches and sanction checks.
- Prior experience interpreting policies and procedures associated with AML regulations.
- Working knowledge of third party global information sources used to complete client due diligence searches.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- An interest / working knowledge of commercial real estate investment markets (preferred, but not a pre-requisite).
- Personable and people orientated.
- Principled and self-assured.
- Strong communicator.
- Able to multitask and manage to tight timelines and deliverables.
- Able to prioritise and work in an organised fashion.
- Able to work under pressure and with a heavy workload.
- Extremely detail oriented.
- Creative thinker able to make well thought out decisions
- Responsive to clients and colleagues
- Commercially astute
We are proud to offer award-winning benefits to support and reward our employees:
- Heath & Leisure: Private medical cover, 25 days annual leave + public holidays (the option of purchasing up to 5 additional days via flex benefits), health screening, gym discounts, wellbeing support, volunteering opportunities, cycle to work scheme, eye care voucher, travel & retail discounts, travel insurance, concierge service, kids pass, open fairways golf card, great company culture and social events (including sports teams, charity events, art pass), perks at work.
- Financial: Pension, life assurance at 8 x basic salary, group income protection, long term disability insurance, interest free season ticket loan, bonus scheme - you will be eligible to participate in the Company’s Bonus Scheme, share incentive plan, financial and mortgage advice.
BNP Paribas Real Estate is committed to providing a work environment that fosters diversity, inclusion, and equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, gender, age, creed, sex, religion, national origin, disability (physical or mental), marital status, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, or any other legally protected status.
BNP Paribas Real Estate is proud to be an inclusive employer, as recognised by our RICS Inclusive Employer status and membership to Stonewalls Diversity Champion Programme.
Discover the different professions within BNP Paribas: Financing and Investment
Working in a financing and investment role at BNP Paribas involves supporting our corporate clients - from start-ups to the largest corporates - and institutions to develop their business strategies and to support their investment and project funding within local markets as well as internationally.Find out more
Why should I apply?
Basically, why would you want to join BNP Paribas over any other company?
BECAUSE YOU'RE THE KIND OF PERSON WHO WANTS...
What if we told you that working in our Group isn’t quite what you might think? At BNP Paribas, we do a multitude of different jobs that are constantly evolving to meet the expectations of our clients and society as a whole. Whether through everyday tasks or major projects, doing one of our jobs means making a personal commitment to taking sustainable action.
Feeling good about your job means bringing your whole self to work and being who you are. It’s also about having the resources you need to achieve a healthy work-life balance. Both of these are major commitments at BNP Paribas.
At BNP Paribas, developing your skills is as important to us as it is to you. And the skills you learn with us will help you through the rest of your working life.