In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 17,000 employees* and a presence in 13 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 73 markets with more than 196,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career in an international business environment that is fast-paced, diverse and focuses on creating high-value relationships with our clients. We offer competitive salary and benefits, as well as a working environment where you’re valued as part of the team.
* excluding partnerships
- Client On-Boarding team’s goal, is to ensure a global and consistent “first service” is rendered to the clients.
- Ensure practices are adhered to bank’s standard procedures and guidelines with an emphasis in the area of compliance.
- Keeping abreast with the changes in regulations (site, regional, global, HO), assess its impact.
- Maintaining sound work processes and integrity of client data.
- Maintain workflows in accordance with site specific (SG/HK) requirements and ensure they are understood.
- Controls in place with regards to safe custody of account documentation; potential operation risks associated with users’ requests to access database of sensitive client data, signatures and document images.
- Provide feedback and escalate issues to the appropriate functions and management.
- Administer request from internal regulators, internal stakeholders with respect to audit review.
Internal: IT and Operations, Legal, Compliance, Business Management Unit, Permanent Control and Credit
KEY RESULTS AREAS:
Implementation and Process
- Work closely with Internal Customers to provide support to on-boarding of clients to the Bank.
- Ensure integrity of Creation and Maintenance of Client Data and meeting SLA and KPI.
- Link clients to banking service tools (eg Special Mailing, Collection of Mails, Returned Mails, Direct Access to Advisory Desks, Safe Boxes, etc) as requested as part of support handling.
- Ensure all clients’ documents/files are stored securely whether electronically, through Image Scanning or in paper format, in the Filing Compactus.
- Support internal customers’ queries related to clients’ data/profiles to facilitate processes.
- Prepare regular reports for Management review (monthly/quarterly/periodic statistics).
- Ensure timely processing of static data inputs request.
- Appropriate and confidential handling of client data and information.
- Provide Regional Support during SG holidays.
- Work within a team – with an adaptable flexible approach, coordinate with team members and internal customers to resolve complex cases and address issues in a timely manner.
- Be open to change and support the vision of working in a fully transversal operation.
- Ability to share information and eventually train new team members.
Control and Risk
- Abide with operational risk procedures and escalate incidents to Management where necessary
- Contribute to the implementation and controls for daily processes and assist with the update of procedures
- Report and escalate concerns/ issues to Manager when required
- Liaise regularly with the following internal groups to ensure a smooth support process: Compliance, Legal, FO teams, Client on-boarding and due diligence team in Singapore/Hong Kong or other support teams within WMHK/WMSG that have any involvement in the Client On-boarding process.
Comply with BNPP Permanent Control Activities
- Direct contribution to BNPP operational permanent control framework.
- Contribute to the implementation of operational permanent control policies and procedures in day-to-day business activities, such as Control Plan
- Comply with regulatory requirements and internal guideline
- Contribute to the reporting of all incidents according to the Incident Management System
- Minimizing operational failure, including but not exclusively, the risk of fraud, by helping to devise, and by implementing, sufficient regular controls
- Ensuring appropriate escalation to management and/or Permanent Control (or Compliance as appropriate) as soon as an issue is identified
Qualifications and Experience :
- Minimum 1 years of relevant working experience
- Bachelor’s level degree or professional qualification
Essential Technical Knowledge/Skills :
- Understand the principles and be familiar with Client Databases’ Requirements Individuals/ Corporates/Holding Companies/Trust Accounts.
- Essential knowledge and experience in Client Data Management experience.
- Fluent in English (spoken and written).
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Should possess strong fundamental and technical skills, awareness of operational risk.
- Excellent PC skills, especially in Excel.
- Understanding of Compliance and Regulatory influences within the Client Onboarding process.
Other Value-added Competencies :
- Team player, independent, positive attitude and attention to details
- Understanding the importance of data integrity
- Client-oriented and high adaptability to changing environment
- Able to work under pressure and exhibits strong problem solving skills
- Demonstrate strong analytical skills and able to generate simple statistic