Want to help shape the bank of tomorrow ?
At the bank for a changing world, our employees make change their greatest asset, turning challenges into opportunities. They think ahead to offer customers innovative solutions perfectly suited to their needs.
At BNP Paribas Fortis, the country’s number one bank, employees enjoy continuous career growth in a rewarding and flexible work environment.
The objective of the Data Department is to modernise the bank’s data repositories, data governance, data management and data usage. Data Department’s ambition is to:
· Safeguard and cultivate revenue streams - using data to enhance our product offering and client satisfaction
· Gain efficiency through the rationalisation of data management practices and usages, and improved data quality
· Comply with the regulatory environment and requirements
· Create an adaptable platform—enabling, among others, the re-engineering and full digitalization of our processes for efficiency gains and improvement of customer experience
Within the Data Quality team of the Data Governance Centre of Expertise, we are looking for a hands on and client oriented data quality analyst which …
- has had an experience, and enjoys digging into, client data or master data related topics
- wants to contribute to state of the art practices in Client Referential Management
- will be a key actor in addressing the data quality issues that impact bank’s efficiency, customer satisfaction, employee satisfaction, bank’s revenues
Are you looking for a new challenge ? Are you eager to participate to the bank transformation by managing data as a valuable asset ? Then, please apply!
Your future job :
As Data Analyst for client Data or Invest:
- You perform cleansing of data quality issues through the analysis and solving of potential dysfunctions and/or non-optimized usage of Client data:
- Identification of Data Quality issues (proactive and reactive)
- Analysis of root causes and Problem definition
- Impacts assessments (on bank’s efficiency, revenues, clients & employees)
- Prioritization of issues
- Proposition of solutions in collaboration with various stakeholders (IT, process, functions, …)
- Implementation of chosen solution (via IT development or via update of process)
- Support to change management actions for impacted teams
- You create data quality controls on the data that are key to support efficient business processes
- You monitor the quality of these data based on dedicated dashboards, supports redesign & upgrade of these dashboards
- You support Data certification processes and contribute to the Client Quality Assessment & Remediation Committees
- You contribute to designing, monitoring and reporting on common reference tools (e.g. data definitions, dictionaries and glossaries), consolidating and harmonizing them
- You contribute, via the Data Community, to raising awareness of the importance of good data management
- You support the Client Data Manager in the maintenance of the client data documentation, and to the identification of use cases that bring value to the bank
- You develop your expertise on the client data flows
- You act as a key contributor to the development of the Data Quality practices, sharing experience, best practices, challenges, use cases, areas of improvement within the Data Quality Analyst community
The Data Quality team, headed by Audrey Mons is part of the management team of the Data Governance Centre of Expertise, which reports to the Chief Data Officer.
Within Data Quality team , the candidate will join a team of Client Data Quality Analysts and report to the Client Data Manager.
Highlight your strengths !
- You have at least 5 years of experience in Data Quality Analysis in the bank
- You understand data lifecycle and data usage
- You demonstrate strong analytical ability and problem solver skills
- You have performed data analysis demonstrating business impacts
- You can demonstrate a strong interest or passion for data & metadata, digital transformation and related topics
- You are familiar with the notions related to client/third party static data (identification data, sectors of activity, groups composition; for physical persons and / or legal entities)
- Business Object, Office tools (Excel, MS Access, Powerpoint)
- Client databases, in particular BNPP Group or Fortis Client Referentials (KL, RMPM)
- Development and/or use of dashboards (eg Tableau)
- Knowledge of the digital culture and capacity to navigate into the digital ecosystem
- Data governance tools (Collibra/Ab Initio) is a plus
- SQL, Python, SAS is a plus
- You are a team player, flexible, accurate and control minded
- You show good communication, written and spoken (FR/NL, UK)
- You are autonomous, self-taught
- You are resolutely solution-oriented and you aren’t afraid to tackle complex issues
- You are curious, show an open & digital mind-set and able to challenge the information given
- You thrive in a team environment, happily sharing your knowledge and insights
- You uses creativity in day to day activities
What does BNP Paribas Fortis offer you ?
- Entrepreneurial venture in the midst of the largest Belgian bank
- Unique opportunity to gain experience in a new and growing industry (data sciences)
- Be part of a dynamic and growing team (the Data department)
- Take pride in the knowledge and experience that you have already acquired but also to develop yourself continuously and grow up your skills
In a changing world, diversity and inclusion are core values for team well-being and performance. At BNP Paribas Fortis, we want to welcome and retain all talents, regardless of gender, age, origin or sexual orientation, and irrespective of whether or not they are living with a disability, as each of them have their own experience and identity. Together, let's build the bank of tomorrow: innovative, responsible and sustainable. All of our full-time vacancies are also open to candidates wishing to work 80% or 90%.
Choose BNP Paribas Fortis now and apply here.
We will make our first selections on the basis of your CV and letter of motivation. Are you the candidate we’re looking for? Then you’re sure to hear from us. Good luck!