The Client Accountant leads a small team of Client
Reporting Accountants and Reporting
Analysts and is responsible for all aspects of
client and property accounting within a designated
portfolio. As the focal point for co-ordinating our
accounting service delivery to both external clients and, internally, surveying
colleagues, the Senior Client Accountant supports the Associate Director
- Ensuring that all client and property accounting
services are delivered to a consistently high standard and to the service
levels required by the client
- Completing service charge reconciliations within
(typically) three months of period end
- Supervising the work of Client Reporting
Accountants and Reporting Analysts, ensuring tasks are completed accurately and
- Monitoring funding levels and initiating payments
to clients and/or funding requests from clients to ensure appropriate funding
levels are maintained
- Co-ordinating work of the team and resolving all
queries arising from the financial management of the portfolio.
- Act as the principal contact point for clients,
surveyors, and other relevant parties on all aspects of accounting service
delivery for a designated portfolio of properties.
- Be responsible for the accuracy and completeness of
designated client accounting records, including client statements and/or profit
and loss and balance sheet reporting, VAT and other tax reporting, charges to
tenants and clients, rent deposits, and bank, cash, and service charge
reconciliations, maintaining and collating supporting information as required.
- Ensure that services are delivered in accordance
with the agreed contract
- Attend client meetings as required and work with
clients to understand their needs, interpret requirements and respond as
- Provide advice and guidance to team members on the
structuring of accounting records and achievement of reporting goals.
- Compile, check and deliver regular reports in
accordance with agreed timescales, signing-off the work of junior members of
the team and ensuring all necessary reviews have been undertaken and signed off
- Assist in internal and external audits of financial
information, procedures and controls.
- Work with the Associate Director (Client Reporting)
and other members of Client Finance to improve the efficiency, effectiveness
and control of client accounting and reporting operations.
- Active team player;
- Proactively communicates to colleagues and others.
- Internal client facing
Systems and Process
- Manages, co-ordinates, implements and develops a
range of important activities, processes, functions or relationships;
- Is conscious of process and takes steps to protect
interests of BNP Paribas Real Estate;
- May contribute to BNP Paribas Real Estate projects.
- GCSE level qualifications including Maths and
- Qualified in a recognised accounting qualification
- Considerable practical experience in bookkeeping,
internal and external financial reporting, financial operations and associated
processes and controls
- People management, interpersonal and mentoring
skills, with demonstrable experience of
- leading small teams
- Highly numerate with strong attention to detail and
excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated, responsible, organised and
methodical, able to manage multiple projects
- Ideally recent experience of property management
and accounting packages for managing agents (ideally Trace Tramps, or similar
packages such as Yardi Propware / Voyager, Qube Horizon
BNP Paribas Real Estate is proud to be an inclusive employer, as recognised by our RICS Inclusive Employer status and the Stonewall Equality Index.
Primary Location: GB-ENG-BirminghamJob Type: Standard / PermanentJob: FINANCIAL AND TECHNICAL EXPERTISEEducation Level: Other Degrees / Certifications / Vocational, Technical or Professional QualificationsSchedule: Full-time
Behavioural competency: Decision MakingTransversal competency: Ability to develop and leverage networks