In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 18,000 employees* and a presence in 13 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 68 markets with more than 193,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
* excluding partnerships
At BNP Paribas, we passionately embrace diversity and are committed to fostering an inclusive workplace where all employees are valued, respected and can bring their authentic selves to work. We prohibit Discrimination and Harassment of any kind and our policies promote equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants, irrespective of, but not limited to their gender, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, ethnicity, race, colour, national origin, age, religion, social status, mental or physical disabilities, veteran status etc. As a global Bank, we truly believe that inclusion and diversity of our teams is key to our success in serving our clients and the communities we operate in.
The Client Account Manager works closely with Clients, Relationship Managers, Client Service Managers, Compliance, Product, Client Implementation, Legal, Network Management, and Operation Hub Teams to ensure client is on-boarded and operational queries are resolved in a timely manner. The Client Account Manager will be reporting to the Head of Global Custody Operations and Head of Client Account Management of Global Custody Operations.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work in a fast pace, growing environment and will be involved in process improvement work.
• Core functions: Resolution of post trade queries on Global Securities Settlement / Corporate Action & Income processing / Tax related queries / Money transfers activity.
• Handles internal / external clients’ enquiries and act as a single-point of contact for clients / fund managers who use our global custody services.
• Follow-up on client activity - provide reporting and manage operational risk.
• Communicate issues and recommend solutions to clients.
• Work in partnership with Client Service team for the preparation and delivery for the Service Review. Participate in the service review with the clients.
• Performs oversight on hub service providers and be accountable for their service delivery.
• Comply with all regulations, policies and standards, contributing to an effective risk culture.
• Provide support on any regulatory, audit, review requirements.
• Assist on all such key responsibilities in relation to Korean speaking Clients and support Korean-related Business requests and communication.
• Carries out any other assignments and provides back-up within the team which may include asset servicing and cash management activities
• Perform ad hoc tasks when required
• Deliver excellent levels of service to stakeholders internally and externally and to “get it right first time”.
• Responsible for ensuring the best client experience.
• Demonstrate risk management excellence and ensure appropriate procedures are adhered and kept updated.
• Manage communications with Korean Speaking Client and stakeholders.
Competencies (Technical / Behavioural)
• Positive attitude and team player
• Client Servicing skills with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Highly motivated, self-starter with the ability to work in pressurized environment
• Highly structured and methodical in execution
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize workloads, strong time management skills
• Results driven with a strong commitment to completing tasks within deadlines
• Ability to understand and resolve or escalate issues quickly
• Enjoy working in a socially diverse environment
• Comfortable dealing with senior individuals and management across functions
• Proven track record in client facing roles
Specific Qualifications Required
• At least 5 years’ relevant experience
• Willing to work during public holidays and flexible hours (when required).
• Fluent in English and Korean (speak and read/write business language)
• Chinese and Cantonese language proficiency is a plus