In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 17,000 employees* and a presence in 13 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 73 markets with more than 196,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career in an international business environment that is fast-paced, diverse and focuses on creating high-value relationships with our clients. We offer competitive salary and benefits, as well as a working environment where you’re valued as part of the team.
* excluding partnerships
https://careers.apac.bnpparibas/ Position Purpose
Support Listed Derivatives Back Office operations business in Derivatives Execution & Clearing (DEC) Singapore.Key ResponsibilitiesTo actively participate to the middle office functions
• Trades allocation and booking on behalf of our clients (contact with brokers).
o For all give-up business, in coordination with the team, follow-up with the client and the counterparty to ensure that there is no pending at the end of the day. Justification of all pending if any.
o For all take-up trades, in coordination with the team, ensure that client instruction is received and match with the deal received. Ensure no pending for take up at the end of the day. Justification of pending outstanding if any.
o To ensure that all client requests are answered and managed timely. To work closely with Client Solution team for escalation issue.
• Intraday feedback to client for break clearance
• Follow-up and resolution of client claims
• Processing all daily events linked to the DEC MO business and stated in the daily tasklist (exercise, assignment, close-out, transfer, position limit monitoring, intraday margin call...)To actively participate to back office operations management
• Processing reconciliation against the clearing house and/or sub-clearer
o All reconciliations have to be performed within the prescribed and all breaks have to be justified and rectified following the defined procedure.
• Manage the market fees reconciliation with the relevant clearing house or subclearer
• Accounting posting
• To be in a position to identify all major risk linked to the LD business, to be in a position to explain this risk and to take necessary action to avoid / mitigate it.
• To ensure clients’ confidentiality, compliance control and Management Control Plan are always process with the relevant control in mind.
• Corporate action processing/ Regulatory reporting / Expiries management / Margin payments
o To ensure all these events are managed properly within thetime line according to the task list and the procedures.
To contribute to DEC SG offer enhancement
• Participation in testing new functionalities / new market implementation
To work closely with all BP2S/BNPP relevant departments
• IT : all issues have to be raised with the correct priority, status and with sufficient description
• Treasury, finance, GC, other BP2S LD hubs :daily processed to be followed as per the task list
• Compliance : all regulatory issues to be escalated to management and then to compliance
• LD Client Service & Project teams : all new process or client request have to be discussed with the relevant team
• Operational risk and, Audit : to support all requests and to be able to answer with the support of the managementActively participate and work closely with colleagues in Chennai for LD operations outsourcing
• To ensure all outsourcing functions are managed properly within the time line according to the task list and the procedure
• To ensure all relevant risk and control are well taken care by Chennai and with Singapore as second level of control.
BPSS LD Training
• LD SOP Procedures
o To ensure that all the specific markets SOP have been read, understood and fully put in practice.
• Compliance Plan and Management Control Plan
o To ensure that the above mentioned Controls are duly executed and the Rules and Procedures are duly understood and put in place.Client focus
• Management of client expectation
o To ensure that all client request are answered and client issue managed upon client requirement
o To escalate to Client Solution any client request which cannot be handled by the account manager or in a timely manner,
• Service delivery issue
o To know the standard service provided and all specific agreement in place with clients
o To escalate to Client Solution and management all breach as per agreement
• New client onboarding
o To understand the new client setup
o To have a special focus on this client during the migration and the next two weeks after the on boardingAccounting
• Ensure the accounting reconciliation and booking are performed. Follow, Justify, and solve accounting breaks.
Specific Qualifications Required
• Proficient in Excel, macro knowledge is preferred
• Basic accounting knowledge is preferred
• Good communication and interpersonal skills
• Good operational/technical skills
• Good analytical skills