Clearing & Payments Oversight
MISSION AND OBJECTIVES
USD Clearing and Payments is the Front-to-Back business unit in charge of clearing payments for the NY and Canada platform, as well as USD for BNPP Group. It is one of the key clearers in USD in the US.
The BNP Paribas USD Clearing and Payments CPO team is an oversight team mandated to: (i) locally monitor 1LOD controls of PCS (Back Office) and NCNA/PNM (Front Office) through its OPC function, (ii) globally monitor the centralization of U.S. Dollar flows to NY Branch, and (iii) analyze effectiveness of U.S. Dollar clearing processes/ controls globally by liaising with the Affiliates’ OPC teams then produce consolidated analysis by Affiliate with information from the three lines of defense.
Within CPO, the proposed position is focused on the OPC of the clearer (ie. Local monitoring of 1LOD controls performed by Back Office and Front Officer in Canada and in the US). The OPC teams are a key component of the first line of defense as regards the management of operational risks and permanent controls under the authority of the Head of the Operating Entity (OE). The OPC teams coordinate and/or operate the entity’s Operational Permanent Control framework related to all operational risks front-to-back and end-to-end, including Fraud, Third Party, Conduct, Compliance, Regulatory, ICT risks, and others risks type in collaboration with other specialized independent control functions4 and in compliance with internal policies, procedures and guidelines issued by independent control functions as well as with external regulatory and supervisory requirements.
Specifically, the Analyst will:
• Perform monthly oversight (OPC) controls over the Payment team (PCS) and/or Front Office (NCNA) team to ensure key risks are adequately covered by effective and efficient controls.
• Follow up on remediation actions subsequent to OPC control findings.
• Enrich the current controls and procedures, draft new control procedures or BRD to enhance data availability for OPC controls.
• Participate to the Risk Controls Self- assessment: organize interviews, memorialize minutes, translate into the risk and control template framework, reconcile with procedures, and document the quantification of the risks.
• Review incidents, perform root cause analysis, ensure their correct and timely booking in Forecast
• Participate to the periodic review of Potential incidents
• Participate to the dynamic review of our risk via the review of external loss database and participation in USD Clearing and Payments project steering committees.
• Reconcile the USD Loro/Nostro inventories received from all Affiliates with Golden sources. Track inventories not received and follow up on inconsistencies with originators.
TRAINING AND OCCUPATIONAL EXPERIENCE
• 3+ years’ experience in an Audit or Control role
• Undergraduate degree with a preferred emphasis in data analytics, audit or business related majors.
• Good knowledge of the financial / banking industry and of the bank’s operations, in general,
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Power Point) with advanced technical skills particularly working with spreadsheets and databases
• Strong communication skills English and French, rigorous and attention to detail
• Strong problem solving and quantitative skills
• Ability to work well with others in a fast paced environment
• High ethical standards
ESSENTIAL SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS
• Good knowledge of Payments Operations (SWIFT, CHIPS, FED, Correspondent Banking…) is a plus Graduate degree a plus
• Very strong work ethic and ability to deal with confidential information.
• Flexibility to adapt to a new and changing environment
• Exposure to regulatory rules applicable to USD Clearing and Payments
• Creativity in developing new ideas and approaches
• Time and project management to meet rigorous deadlines on multiple concurrent tasks
A recruitment policy that promotes equity and diversity:
Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
We pride ourselves in applying non-discrimination rules to all our recruitments.
We will only contact the candidates selected who meet the job requirements in terms of training and experience.
About BNP Paribas
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. It has a presence in 73 countries, with more than 195,000 employees, including more than 148,000 in Europe. The Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporates and institutional clients) to realise their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance. In Europe, the Group has four domestic markets (Belgium, France, Italy and Luxembourg) and BNP Paribas Personal Finance is the leader in consumer lending. BNP Paribas is rolling out its integrated retail-banking model in Mediterranean countries, in Turkey, in Eastern Europe and a large network in the western part of the United States. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas also enjoys top positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas as well as a solid and fast-growing business in Asia-Pacific.
About BNP Paribas in Canada
In Canada, BNP Paribas is one of the dominant foreign banks in the country and is committed to building its platform even further. Since becoming the operational hub for the Group’s activities in North America in 2013, it has grown significantly to reach more than 700 employees and is expected to continue growing in the coming years. With the continued development of technology and financial fields, BNP Paribas Canada continues to attract experts with diverse backgrounds as well as young and ambitious talent from across the globe. With the international mobility and capacity that very few companies can offer, BNP Paribas prides itself in providing a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow.