Clearing & Payments Oversight (CPO)
MISSION AND OBJECTIVES
The BNP Paribas USD Clearing and Payments activity has a mandate to ensure that there is effective management of USD clearing and payments (“USD Clearing”) activities and related end-to-end 1st line of defense Financial Security controls in BNP Paribas’ NY Branch (the “NY Branch”).
- Network Clearing North America (“NCNA”)
- Know-Your-Customer (“KYC”) aspects of the affiliates through the onboarding and recertification process, and the site visits
- Defining the terms and conditions and the product offering
- Managing the risk aspects by monitoring the Credit and Funding risks, business planning, and industry watch
- Payments & Clearing Solutions (“PCS”)
- Managing the payments processing, which includes repairing/reformatting payments, level 1 filtering/hit analysis, and swift processing and oversight
- Monitoring the post-payment inquiries, adjustments and investigations. The post-payments team is responsible for the Key Performance Indicators (“KPIs”) analysis and reporting
- The Sanction Enforcements and Exceptions team (“SEE team”) is responsible for the level 2 filtering/hit analysis and sanction related inquiries
- Client service/support (e.g. inquiries, authorization): tasks supported by NCNA
Clearing & Payments Oversight (CPO)
- Preparing and reviewing a consolidated analysis of the Financial Security control framework of the branches/affiliates with inputs from Compliance and Audit
- Monitoring the effectiveness of the first line of defense end-to-end controls for USD Clearing activities in the NY Branch
- Analyzing and reporting on the effectiveness of processes and controls for USD Clearing within affiliates of the Group that require USD Clearing (through NY Branch or alternative clearers) through the implementation of operational guidelines (including setting the standards and controls on alternative clearing)
· Support the Clearing & Payments Oversight team with a focus on:
- Developing and automating a process to monitor the US Dollar traffic of the Group
- Investigating clearing exceptions (i.e. flows not processed by BNPP NY) by analyzing the flows and reaching out to the BNPP Affiliates (90+ entities globally).
- Preparing and reviewing a consolidated analysis of the Financial Security control framework of the branches/affiliates with input from Compliance and Inspection Generale
- Following-up remediation actions with the respective entity of the Group and the USD Clearing and Payments Operating Committee (OpCo)
- Contributing to other tasks of CPO, such as permanent controls, governance (preparation of presentations), data management (clearing exceptions repository, follow-up actions tracked, audit recommendation monitoring).
TRAINING AND OCCUPATIONAL EXPERIENCE
- 2+ years’ experience in an Audit, Compliance or Control role
- Undergraduate degree with a preferred emphasis in math, finance or business related majors.
- Good knowledge of the financial / banking industry and of the bank’s operations, in general
- Strong problem solving and quantitative skills
- High ethical standards
- Strong communication skills, rigorous and attention to detail
- Creativity in developing new ideas and approaches
- Time management to meet rigorous deadlines on multiple concurrent tasks
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Power Point) with advanced technical skills particularly working with spreadsheets and databases is a plus
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS
- Graduate degree a plus
- Data management
- Programming language such as Python
- French language skills a plus
A recruitment policy that promotes equity and diversity:
Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
We pride ourselves in applying non-discrimination rules to all our recruitments.
We will only contact the candidates selected who meet the job requirements in terms of training and experience.
About BNP Paribas
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. It has a presence in 73 countries, with more than 195,000 employees, including more than 148,000 in Europe. The Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporates and institutional clients) to realise their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance. In Europe, the Group has four domestic markets (Belgium, France, Italy and Luxembourg) and BNP Paribas Personal Finance is the leader in consumer lending. BNP Paribas is rolling out its integrated retail-banking model in Mediterranean countries, in Turkey, in Eastern Europe and a large network in the western part of the United States. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas also enjoys top positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas as well as a solid and fast-growing business in Asia-Pacific.
About BNP Paribas in Canada
In Canada, BNP Paribas is one of the dominant foreign banks in the country and is committed to building its platform even further. Since becoming the operational hub for the Group’s activities in North America in 2013, it has grown significantly to reach more than 700 employees and is expected to continue growing in the coming years. With the continued development of technology and financial fields, BNP Paribas Canada continues to attract experts with diverse backgrounds as well as young and ambitious talent from across the globe. With the international mobility and capacity that very few companies can offer, BNP Paribas prides itself in providing a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow.