CIB Finance Accounting Systems - Business Intelligence - Sr Developer/Assistant Manager
About BNP Paribas Group:
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 74 countries with more than 190,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 15,000 employees* and a presence in 14 markets, it provides clients with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs, and continues to develop its franchise in the region.
About BNP Paribas India Solutions:
Established in 2005, BNP Paribas India Solutions is a wholly owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas Group, a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. With delivery centers located in Mumbai and Chennai, we are a 24x7 global delivery center. We partner various business lines of BNP Paribas such as Corporate and Institutional Banking, Wealth Management, Retail Banking through three verticals - Information Technology, Operations and Finance Shared Services.
About Businessline/Function :
Finance Shared Services (FSS) in BNP Paribas is an integral part of the BNP Paribas Finance functions. Working cohesively with global teams in APAC, EMEA and Americas, FSS provides support for Performance Management, Financial Accounting & Reporting, Accounting Controls, Accounts Payable, Functional Business Analysis and Project Support, Project Management Office roles.
CIB Finance Accounting Systems department is part of Finance Shared Services and is primarily responsible for business analysis, functional support and developing tactical business intelligence solutions for CIB Finance globally.
Business Analyst / Sr. Business Analyst
(Business Intelligence - Sr Developer/Assistant Manager)
Finance Shares Services
Business Line / Function:
CIB Finance Accounting Systems
Manager / Lead
Number of Direct Reports:
Directorship / Registration:
The BI Developer/Analyst will be responsible development and delivery of Business Intelligence Solutions using Alteryx or Tableau, Access, Excel (with VBA) and SQL Servers to support CIB Finance.
- Propose and develop solutions using Alteryx, Tableau as primary transformation and visualization tools and Excel, Access or SQL/Oracle Servers/Databases for acquisition, storage and processing needs.
- Onboard other data transformation or BI technologies that may be adopted by the Bank.
- Analyze data and systems to identify data structuring, modeling and transformation requirements.
- Develop prototypes using multiple sourcing, transformation and storage tools.
- Present and explain functionalities, alternatives of different tools and applicability to specific situations and processes.
- Decode and document applications developed by the team or transferred to the team.
- Project management and reporting of specific projects assigned to the individual
- Interface with users to understand requirements in a dynamic environment in an agile fashion.
- Support maintenance, troubleshooting and management of BI applications
- Manage enhancement and update schedules for the BI applications
- Contribute to transversal CIB Finance optimization project
Collaborate with Finance counterparts for developing insights and solutions.
Specific Qualifications (if required)
B.E., MCA or Graduate equivalent Degree
6+ years of experience
Behavioural Skills: (Please select up to 4 skills)
Communication skills - oral & written
Ability to synthetize / simplify
Ability to deliver / Results driven
Creativity & Innovation / Problem solving
Transversal Skills: (Please select up to 5 skills)
Ability to understand, explain and support change
Ability to manage / facilitate a meeting, seminar, committee, training…
Ability to manage a project
Ability to set up relevant performance indicators
Master Degree or equivalent
At least 5 years
Other/Specific Qualifications (if required)
- Expertize in Alteryx, Tableau (desktop and server), SQL Server design – hands on experience in these tools and should have developed complex workflows, dashboards and storage solutions. Should have developed using these tools as a part of a comprehensive ecosystem.
- Comfortable with VBA applications for MS Excel, MS Access (mandatory)
- SQL/Oracle Server and Database design (tables, queries, stored procedures)
- Basic office productivity tools (Outlook, Lotus Notes, Word, Power Point)
- Documentation of applications, maintenance processes and user guides.
- Different data structuring, modeling, and storage concepts.
- Ability to analyze data sets, identify relationships, controls and processes
- Ability to design solutions and prototypes based on requirements or broad ideas.
- Extrapolating business process ideas in to comprehensive BI solutions ranging from data acquisition, processing and storage.
- Experience in waterfall & agile models in software development life cycle.
- Ability to manage a project through different stages, evolving requirements and conditions, while still maintaining clarity on outcome.
- Training or assisting team members overcome technical challenges on tools
- Ability to navigate complex organizations and processes
- Engaging global and local stakeholders.
- Fluency in English. Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to function and drive projects, independently
- Strong sense of organization, ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
- Hard working
- Curiosity and open to other cultures