BNP Paribas has a presence in nearly 74 countries with 190,000 employees. It ranks highly in its three core activities: Retail Banking, Investment Solutions and Corporate & Investment Banking.
In Asia Pacific, the BNP Paribas Group is a leading employer with over 12,000 employees* and a presence in 14 markets. Being one of the largest international banking networks, we strive to employ talented and innovative people who are aligned to our vision and culture.
* Corporate & Investment Banking and Investment Solutions divisions (excluding partnerships)
ALM Treasury Singapore is looking for an Analyst with a first experience in Banking sector (ALM Treasury, Risks, Finance…) to join its regional ALM Treasury team with a focus on Corporate Banking Activities.
It is expected that the analyst will acquire knowledge/understanding of Asset Liability Management and develop the overall skills set required to successfully contribute to the business. This will include, but is not limited to, the below topics -
- Develop good understanding of various aspects of liquidity management and regulatory environment, global regulations (Basel III etc.) and local regulations.
- Learn about internal systems/methodologies used by the bank for liquidity pricing, risk management and contribute to their improvements and developments.
- Assist in producing models, historical behavioural studies, hypotheses testing etc. to:
- to help local and regional management steer their balance sheet,
- and to assist senior members of ALM-T who manage (including market operations such as short term borrowings, medium long term funding, interest Rate swaps, Fx swaps, repos …) the Interest Rate position of the banking book and the liquidity risk of the bank
- Production of indicators for management reporting, covering the whole Asia Pacific region
- Assist in the various stages of product developments
- IT tools testing, and assistance in building the tools if required
Technical and Behavioral Competencies required
· Takes initiative and is results driven
· Strong decision making and analytical skills
· Ability to innovate
· Ability to manage change and complexity with confidence
· Strong team player
· Client focused and commercial thinking
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
· Self-motivated and genuine interest in Banking and Finance
· Proficiency in Microsoft office (MS Word, Excel & Power point); Access is a plus.
· Prior related internship within the banking industry is an advantage
· Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines - Economics, Commerce, Mathematics, Statistics or Engineering would be an advantage
· Fluent in English
· Attentive to details
· Ability to work in a stressful environment and committed to deadlines
Primary Location: SG-Singapore-SingaporeJob Type: Standard / PermanentJob: FINANCIAL AND TECHNICAL EXPERTISEEducation Level: Bachelor Degree or equivalent (>= 3 years)Experience Level: At least 1 year
Behavioural competency: Ability to collaborate / Teamwork, Communication skills - oral & written, Decision MakingTransversal competency: Analytical Ability