Founded in 1989 and fully owned by BNP Paribas, Arval
specializes in full service vehicle leasing. Arval offers its customers – large
international corporates, SMEs and professionals – tailored solutions that
optimize their employees’ mobility and outsource the risks associated with
fleet management. Expert advice and service quality, which are the foundations
of Arval’s customer promise, are delivered in 29 countries by over 7.000
employees. Arval’s total leased fleet adds up to 1.200.000 vehicles throughout
the world, of which 70.000 in Belgium.
- The CFO is responsible for all financial, tax and procurement
aspects of Arval Belgium and Arval Luxembourg.
- Leads the finance teams to develop, implement and maintain reliable
financial/accounting controls, reports, processes to impact positively the
business performance and support decision making within the Arval
- Guarantees the financial integrity of Arval Belgium and Arval Luxembourg
and complies with all regulations, both Group and local, through proper
management, control and support, and financial reporting.
- Interacts with the Corporate Functions on a regular basis.
Areas of responsibility
The scope is Belgium and Luxemburg for ;
- FINANCE : accounting, management control, collections, tax and cash
- ALM (asset and liability management) & TREASURY MANAGEMENT
- Team management; build, develop and manage a team (recruitment,
training, role definition, objective setting & appraisal,…) to execute
the tasks involved in the processes in scope.
- Work organization; identify the adequate and efficient organization
and implement the corresponding work set-up (processes, best practices,
- Risks; seek out methods and practices to minimise financial risk (major
operational risks, control plan and when relevant internal or external finance
related recommendations closure).
- Strategy; provide internal
to the General Manager and all other Departments and Functions in Arval
Belux; act as a sparring partner and as a consultant to the business and
challenge existing practices to support decision making; play an active
role in defining and contributing to Arval Belux strategy.
- Ensure accurate accounting and business reporting (i.e. statutory
accounts in local GAAP and IFRS
Group reporting) to deliver a fair representation of the activity.
- Fulfil financial controlling, provide reliable financial
information and activity reporting to the top management, to Arval and to
the Board, in line with the BNP
Paribas and the Arval rules, within agreed timescales accordingly to required internal standards and legal
- Ensure efficient receivables collection process and manage
- Implement and support adequate internal controls, including the
monitoring of interactions with both internal and external auditors on
- Follow up financial planning and budgeting processes: coordinate
preparation of the yearly budget and quarterly forecasts; ensure budgets
and forecasts are reliable, accurate and well presented; ensure follow-up
of the actuals and revenues versus budget; check and control spending on
general expenses; identify process improvements and potential reduction of
costs to maximise the value and cost effectiveness of Arval Belgium and
- Monitor Arval Belgium and Arval Luxembourg’s financial management
(i.e. dividend, capital, company law) and tax issues, in compliance with
local regulation, with the BNP
Paribas Group rules and the Arval procedures.
- Follow-up funding and treasury management processes and ensure the
compliance of ALM & Treasury Management as regards to BNP Paribas and Arval policies and procedures.
- Contribute to the assessment of default and bad debts and validate
the provisioning and cost of bad debt decision process, in compliance with
the related policies and procedures
- Overall responsibility for billing within Arval Belgium and Arval Luxembourg.
- Provide country level support to Legal function and ensure Arval Belux
financial legal requirements are met.
- To define and maintain a Procurement strategy for
Arval Belgium and Arval Luxembourg aligned with Arval Group and provides a
clear framework of supply chain procurement and management.
- To ensure full compliance with payment terms and Arval
- To train and develop the procurement manager.
Interface with other Functions
Arval Belgium and Arval Luxembourg functions.
Interface with external parties
- Manage relations with external auditors
- Manage relations with banks
- Manage relations with tax authorities
Reporting line and organisation
- Reports to the General Manager of Arval Belgium and Arval
- Also reports functionally to the CFO for Arval Group
- The CFO is a full Member of both the Arval Belgium and Arval Luxembourg
Executive Committee (COMEX)
Staff & values
- Number of staff members with direct hierarchical responsibility: 29
- Company/entity wide: Belgium
: 375 FTE’s
Luxembourg : 38 FTE’s
- Leadership charter : Arval, a place for people in action;
- Stimulating people
- Empowering people
- Inspiring people
- A master’s degree in business
administration, finance or economics.
- Required experience : 10-15 years in
a similar function with financial management experience.
- The candidate will need to
collaborate with all managers within the company hence a broad knowledge of the
business is a plus. Good understanding of internal and external processes is an
- The candidate will come with
several initiatives and ideas to improve processes, people development,…
- This candidate will be the voice of
finance and procurement in and outside our organisation.
- Success and realizations in this
mission will be strongly determined by the sound finance, tax and procurement
- Knowledge of the operational leasing
business is a plus.
- Strong ability to plan and to manage
- Problem solving skills.
- Goal-driven leader with empowering
leadership skills who maintains a productive climate and motivates and
mobilizes the employees.
- Excellent mathematical, analytical,
critical thinking and financial management skills.
- Process oriented.
- Decision making skills and adaptability
to make things happen.
- Capacities to drive the “change
management” with the teams.
- Integrity and understanding of data
- Excellent communication skills. Also
have the ability to communicate complex financial information to both finance
professionals and non-specialists.
- Be familiar with database technologies
and software for financial analysis and reporting.
- Fluent in Dutch, French and English.
A challenging, diversified while
stable role within a growing company with an open and dynamic atmosphere. You
will receive an attractive salary complete with fringe benefits (meal vouchers,
group insurance, hospitalization insurance, outpatient and dental care cover,
group bonus, additional leave, company car, bike allowance, etc.).
Primary Location: BelgiumJob Type: Standard / PermanentJob: FINANCE ACCOUNTS ET MANAGEMENT CONTROLEducation Level: Master Degree or equivalent (> 4 years)Experience Level: At least 10 yearsSchedule: Full-time
Competency profile: Strategic Manager