About the job
- You will be part of a team of 16 polyvalent colleagues providing the best service to our internal customers (local sites of BNP Paribas) and the final beneficiaries (external clients) in your role of Trade Settlement Specialist
Your Main Activities Are
- Administration and payments of Foreign Exchange and Money Market products traded in the Front Offices (Trading Rooms) from our different local branches in Europe
- Verification of the coherence of transactional data in the different IT tools from Front Office and Operations
- Problem solving: in case of anomalies or issues you contact the trader of the deal and find a solution to ensure a good closing of the administrative part of the deal
- Clients’ satisfaction: for our external client as well as for our local branches and of course taking into account any specificity linked to the product, clients, local branch
Profile and Skills to Success
- Very good proficiency in English (orally and in writing) – knowledge of another European language is a plus
- Flexible in terms of working hours (late shift till 18h30 and presence on several bank holidays)
- Assertiveness and easy to reach (you will have numerous contacts with the different local Front Offices and Operations teams)
- Ability to work in teams
- Stress resistace and good priority management
- Ability to ensure efficient methods, eye for detail, well-structured approach, and well organised
- Curious mindset and taste to solve problems
- Digitally agile
About the Team
- Our organisation: Central European Back Office within Corporate & Institutional Banking (CIB) Operations. BNP Paribas Lisbon Branch is part of the BNP Paribas Group that is represented across the world. In Lisbon within the “CIB Portugal Solutions” platform, the “Global Markets Operations & Client Management” department is offering services to the BNP Paribas Group. Within this department the CEBO teams (Central-European Back Office) handle the transactions on financial products (mainly Foreign Exchange and Money Market products) concluded by the branches of BNP Paribas across Europe (with the exception of the domestic markets of BNP Paribas). The different CEBO teams are: Trade Settlement, Confirmation Matching, Accounting & Controls, and Investigations & Static Data
Why joining BNP Paribas?
· Leading banking institution
BNP Paribas is a leader in the Eurozone, and a prominent international banking institution with strong roots in Europe's banking history. It has a presence in 65 countries, with around 190 000 Employees – including more than 145 000 in Europe.
· Our presence in Portugal
Since 1985, BNP Paribas was one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, the Group has around 7.100 employees across several entities operating directly in the territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
· International reach
Thanks to its international presence and regular and close collaboration among its different entities, BNP Paribas has the resources to support all clients with financing, investment, savings and protection solutions that help make their projects a success. BNP Paribas holds key positions in its three core operating divisions:
- Retail Banking, a division that brings together all of the Group’s retail activities and specialised business lines;
- Investment & Protection Services that include specialised businesses offering a wide range of savings, investment and protection services;
- Corporate & Institutional Banking division that offers tailored financial solutions for corporate and institutional clients.
· Diversity and Inclusion commitment
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity/paternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency, which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
· Commitment towards work/life balance
At BNP Paribas we care about our employees wellbeing and promote a culture of good integration between work and rest. We believe our employees have rich personal lives outside of work, being fundamental to be disconnected from work to recharge both physically and mentally. Only through this balance we may all be at our best while working.
· Remote Working Conditions
At BNP Paribas, we embrace a Smart Working framework based on trust, autonomy and collaboration. Within this framework, eligible employees can benefit from flexible remote working modalities adapted to our hybrid working environment. To guarantee a comfortable and efficient working set-up, eligible employees are provided with both the office and home equipment, are entitled to an equipment allowance and can benefit from exclusive partnerships to purchase additional equipment at reduced prices.
To find out more on why you should join BNP Paribas visit https://bnpp.lk/why-BNP-Paribas-Portugal
* Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
* In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.