CEBO Accounting & Controls Specialist
BNP Paribas is a leading European bank with an international reach. It has a presence in 72 countries, with more than 202,000 employees – including more than 154,000 in Europe and over 5,000 in Portugal alone.
BNP Paribas is present in Portugal since 1985, having been one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, BNP Paribas has several entities operating directly in this territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
Worldwide, the Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporate and institutional clients) to realise their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance.
Central European Back Office within Corporate & Institutional Banking (CIB) Operations
BNP Paribas Lisbon Branch is part of the BNP Paribas Group which is represented across the world. At Lisbon within the platform “CIB Portugal Solutions” (Corporate & Institutional Banking) the department “Global Markets Operations & Client Management” is offering services to the BNP Paribas Group. Within this department the CEBO teams (Central-European Back Office) handle the transactions on financial products (mainly Foreign Exchange and Money Market products) concluded by the branches of BNP Paribas across Europe (with the exception of the domestic markets of BNP Paribas). The different CEBO teams are: Trade Settlement, Confirmation Matching, Accounting & Controls, and Investigations & Static Data.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- The Accounting & Controls Specialist will be responsible for:
- Administration and control on FX rates and interest rates used by the different European branches (daily, weekly, monthly)
- The rate upload data coherence verification in the accounting system (Atlas 2)
- Contacting – in case of anomalies or problems – the traders who provide us the rates, IT support, Atlas 2 team, or Reuters support team
- Reconciling Back Office data versus Accounting data with the tools RecTool and Oxa
- Performing account certifications using the tool C²
- Replying to requests of the European branches while taking into account the local specificities and in a proactive way
- Attending to the regular bilateral conference calls with the European sites.
- Good proficiency in English (orally and in writing) – knowledge of another European language is a plus
- Stress resistant and priority management skills
- Problem Solver
- Assertive and approachable
- Outstanding communication skills
- Ability to work within a team