BNP Paribas Asset Management is the asset-management arm of the BNP Paribas group. With assets under management totaling over EUR 500 billion and a staff of more than 4,000 present in over 40 countries, BNP Paribas Asset Management offers a comprehensive range of financial management services to institutional clients and distributors around the globe.
BNP Paribas Asset Management also heads a line-up of specialized management companies, each with its own area of expertise and investment policies tailored to a particular asset class or local needs.
BNP Paribas Asset Management is searching for:
Legal Advisor (M/F)
Short Term Contract - 12 months
We are looking for a candidate with excellent analytical skills, who is able to work independently but also as part of a team, and with a keen sense of initiative. The job offers varied work in a friendly and international atmosphere and an excellent work-life balance.
Contribute your legal expertise within the legal department in the drafting and negotiating of complex contracts relating to investment funds, particularly distribution agreements.
As a true “Business Partner”, you will be mainly tasked with supporting sales teams and business developers in negotiating and concluding the contracts of the business line.
You will analyse the risks, draft and negotiate the Group’s distribution agreements, in direct relation with the sales teams. You will also be involved in other more specific legal projects.
In this context, your main tasks will be to:
· Support and advice sales teams in contractual matters
· Define the adapted contractual schemes
· Identify and present the risks of the contract
· Negotiate the terms of the contract
· Draft, in an effective, clear and comprehensive manner, in English and/or French, the contract while ensuring the legal security of the intended business relationship. You must, therefore, be familiar with issues related to the fund distribution field (including AML/KYC, FATCA, Dodd–Frank, OFAC regulations, GDPR, etc.)
Experience of a multi-cultural global organisation implying multiple geographies and stakeholders is an important factor for success in the position.
· University degree in law
· Proven experience of at least 7 years in asset management (specifically investment funds)
· Proven experience in contract law and banking law (knowledge of digital legal issues is a significant advantage)
· Experience or specialisation in distribution agreements
· Fluent in French and English (knowledge of German is an advantage)
· Editorial/relational skills and team spirit
· Commitment, creativity, responsiveness, organisational skills, use of work methods