At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.Job Description Summary
Responsible for supervising administration and documentation for all customer onboarding and commercial loans within the Religious Institution Banking (RIB), Real Estate Industries Division (REID), Agribusiness Banking Division (ABD), and National Banking Division (NBD). Includes oversight of all business credit operations including workflow management and all pre and post close activities related to new and renewed loan facilities. Ensures that field offices are supported and administrative activities are properly performed by operations groups. Responsible for supporting the end-to-end commercial lending process and all related tracking and monitoring activities.Essential Job Functions
Other Job Duties
- Oversees all Middle Office units (specialized by Divisions). Build administration and documentation expertise within these teams. Supervise due diligence, documentation and compliance activities across all business lines. Monitors and implements needed changes to ensure group adherence to bank policy as well as federal and state banking regulations. Make decisions on escalated matters.
- Responsible for CCB customer
onboarding & KYC workflow and QA.
- Business owner for customer onboarding platform and
loan origination platform.
- Oversees and improve as needed the operational systems, processes and policies in support of the Commercial Banking Group's goals. Liaise with senior management and assist with development of relevant strategic plans.
- Drives initiatives in the management team and organizationally that contribute to long-term operational excellence.
- Ensures quality and timeliness of CBG commercial loan processing
- Develops and manage joint governance structure with Division Executives and CBG Risk Manager.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires advanced business knowledge, general management and leadership capability to lead business or functional teams.
- Typically has broader practical experience across multiple professional disciplines within the organization, combining theory, past practical experience and the organization’s business practices.
- Requires 15 years minimum prior relevant experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
- Extensive knowledge of commercial loan documentation and legal terms across multiple industries.
- Extensive knowledge of commercial loan collateral and due diligence processes across multiple industries.
- Familiarity with commercial loan compliance requirements.
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.
Primary Location: United States-Arizona-TempeJob Type: Full-timeJob: Business / Commercial Banking