At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Job Description Summary
Provides on-going, "single point of contact" support for large, high profile CBG corporate clients on variety of treasury/cash management, depository products and account analysis servicing needs. Understands and supports end-to-end processes for implementing new cash management products for existing clients. Leads and trains other specialists.
Essential Job Functions
- Maintains relationships with clients by investigating and resolving wide-ranging client inquires and operational problems for assigned corporate clients.
- Serves as a working supervisor when needed. Assists other specialists in the resolution of customer service inquiries and problems prior to escalating them. May be called upon to monitor, train and coach others.
- Acts as a primary contact for “assigned customers” for depository and cash management products and services.
- Interacts continuously with internal business partners to increase client service satisfaction.
- Provides support with new account openings, documentation, maintenance, ordering supplies, update customer profile, completes various forms to link the accounts to existing products and services.
- Provides credit servicing support including: client credit availability, re-pricings, advances, and paydowns
- Handles technical or service issues as appropriate to maintain service level agreements.
- Keeps current on all upgrades to products and systems related to deposit and cash management services.
Other Job Duties
- Assists with General Ledger certifications and other audit requirements
- Adheres to Bank’s security and audit procedures as well as industry rules and regulations. Exercises absolute integrity in all dealings with internal and external customers.
- Assists with special projects as assigned.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires advanced knowledge within a specific discipline typically gained through extensive work experience and/or education.
- Requires 7 years minimum experience.
- May require vocational or technical education in addition to prior work experience.
- Associate's Degree equivalent combination of education and experience
- Thorough knowledge of branch depository and account maintenance functions.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of technical, PC-based cash management products.
- Thorough knowledge on back office operational processes related to all cash management products and services preferable.
- Thorough knowledge of treasury, cash management products, wholesale operations, and documentation is required.
- Experience servicing high-value relationships or corporate relationships a plus.
- Research and analysis.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Customer service.
- Verbal communication.
- Desktop PC applications use.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.