Cash & Banking Assistant FTC
Client Finance is a national team based in our Birmingham office serving the property management accounting needs of all our UK property management and corporate occupier clients. The team includes specialist client accountants and accounts assistants who act as the primary point of contact for all aspects of accounting services, and deliver to our investor and corporate clients. Our shared service teams provide credit control, accounts payable and cash and banking services.
The Cash & Banking Assistant works within a small team responsible for the allocation management and movement of funds and the management and reconciliation of the bank accounts. A key part of the departments shared service functions, the Cash and Banking team provides a critical service to the rest of client finance and the Cash & Banking assistant supports the Cash and Banking Manager by ensuring all cash and banking operations are completed in line with the agreed processes and procedures, ensuring that controls are adhered to, minimising the risk of fraud.
- Allocate cash received, identifying the source funds and ensuring all sums received are posted to the correct accounts with 24 hours of receipt, initiating queries on unidentifiable items as appropriate.
- Record and bank cheques in accordance with the agreed cheque received process.
- Maintain daily records of all cash received and ensure the wider Client Finance team members are aware of cash received as appropriate.
- Ensure that all cash received is posted to the accounting database.
- Track, investigate and resolve the allocation of unidentified receipts and return monies which cannot be properly identified within agreed timeframes.
- Ensure client reporting team and surveying colleague are fully aware of all receipts and postings made
- Respond to and ensure that all queries relating to bank accounts, cash received and payments made are dealt with on a timely basis.
- Perform regular reconciliations of all unallocated cash against completed bank reconciliations ensuring that unidentified items are investigated and resolved.
- Action, with appropriate dual authority, all bank transfers, inter-account transfers and releases of BACS payments
- Ensure that all payments made are supported by the appropriate documentation and the correct authorisation is provided.
- Ensure strict compliance of all agreed processes and controls, particularly ensuring that BNPPRE is compliant with RICS client money guidelines.
- Provide regular reporting of unallocated cash.
- Support the Cash and Banking Controller in maintaining complete records of all bank accounts and ensuring that accounts are opened and closed in a timely manner to meet client requirements.
- Assist RICS and other auditors in identifying the information necessary to complete audit activities.
- Assist in selecting, testing and implementation of new systems to support the cash and banking operations.
- Has an awareness of wider team and department budget
Clients and Business Development
- Manages existing client relationships.
- Identifies and helps progress new business opportunities both in and outside own discipline
- Able to work on a broad range of projects referring only to senior colleagues/ external specialists on highly unusual or technical issues.
- Specialist in one aspect of own discipline. Broad knowledge of principles and practices of related disciplines
- Enhances BNP Paribas Real Estate‘s reputation through successful delivery
- Builds own network internally and externally
- Actively engages with other team members
- Proactively communicates with colleagues and others
Systems and Process
- Evaluates, adapts and improves standards, techniques and procedures
- Is a contributor to BNP Paribas Real Estate projects
- Evaluates processes making improvements as appropriate
- Understanding of client money handling regulations would be an advantage, particularly in a client or property context.
- Highly numerate with strong attention to detail and excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Committed to the provision of excellent customer service and to meeting deadlines
- Have excellent IT skills in particular Microsoft packages e.g. excel.
- Studying towards or planning to study towards a recognised professional accounting or cash management qualification would be an advantage.
- Takes responsibilities to ensure that own work is correct
- Able to plan and prioritise own workload
- Delivers innovative solutions – participates in discussions to formulate alternative ways of working
- Awareness of the requirement to manage workload/time effectively
- Asks questions and is interested in the impact of their role upon their immediate area of responsibility
- Completes work with a view to the bigger picture
- Takes responsibility for achieving personal objectives
- Motivates self to achieve objectives and targets and to adapt to changing situations
- Displays openness and co-operation
- Maintains a focus on delivery
- Active interest in business development
- Support team-working to achieve team goals
- Actively develops self
- Works effectively as part of a team
- Is proactive to change and supports the team and business with change
BNP Paribas Real Estate is proud to be an inclusive employer, as recognised by our RICS Inclusive Employer status and the Stonewall Equality Index.