At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.Job Description Summary
Shift is 6:30am-3:30pm
As a Capital Market Middle Office Analyst, you will be part of the Capital Markets Middle Office (CMMO) Group. Works on the Capital Markets Division (CMD) trading floor and will have daily interactions with sales personnel within the various lines of business supported. Primary responsibility will be to perform analysis of correspondent and Capital Markets and Treasury counterparty banks/financial institutions and to ensure that trade support documents are properly managed in compliance with the Bank's policies and procedures.Essential Job Functions
Other Job Duties
- Perform a Capital Markets control function ensuring that all pre and post trade data and documentation requirements are completed and are in compliance to established policies and procedures.
- Prepare bank/financial institution (FI) credit proposals, bank/FI credit analysis/reviews, compile financial, prepare report, and other presentations as necessary inputs required to obtain appropriate Credit & Counterparty Risk approvals.
- Prepare and maintain derivative compliance folders with all supporting documents and perform follow-up on outstanding documentation, as necessary.
- Perform validation of regulatory requirements by reviewing, analyzing and assessing financials statements, tax returns, and credit proposal data of potential swap clients.
- Assist with overall day-to-day support of the business and prepare various ad-hoc reports that support the CMD sales, operation, and compliance areas.
- Act as a liaison between the front office sales desk and Treasury and Capital Markets Operations (TCMO) to resolve daily settlement and processing issues.
- Assist in the development of relevant CMD desk procedures and division policies. Perform research and assist with projects/initiatives for CMD related matters.
- Maintain cross-training readiness to ensure that the pre-trade sales support function will continue to operate effectively when that CMMO employee is out of the office.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires practical knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
- Requires 3 years minimum prior relevant experience.
- Bachelor's Degree Business Administration, Accounting or Finance
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
- Strong planning and organizational skills and the ability to grasp concepts and formulate solutions.
- The ability to understand basic accounting concepts and apply to customer/bank counterparty financial statements and tax returns analysis.
- The ability to work on multiple projects of various sizes on a concurrent basis and to drive solutions to completion in advance of deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- The aptitude to lead and motivate others to solve problems and implement solutions.
- The capacity to effectively manage and understand project dependencies, responsibilities, and timelines.
- Must be flexible to work additional hours as needed or required to meet the needs of internal clients.
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.
Primary Location: United States-California-Los AngelesJob Type: Full-timeJob: Business / Commercial Banking