The position we are offering will be part of the IT Campus Program for the cohort to start in Septembre 2018.
The IT Campus Program is a 1 year program that aims at facilitates the transition between the University and the professional world. At the end of the program, you may have the opportunity to continue with your team.
The program will offer:
• General training on the bank activities and a dedicated training course in IT (Methodologies, systems, on-the-job training…)
• Integration to IT projects / production work with our experts.
• Dedicated guidance and support from your peers
• Full ownership on a challenging IT project
• Involvement in our charities
• Networking in the Bank events and others activities
Throughout the program, you will acquire a general knowledge of the financial industry and get exposed to various actors and aspects of the Bank.
You will also have the opportunity to be exposed to our IT experts by sharing your knowledge and ideas.
This is a unique opportunity to start your career in an international world leading Bank and to develop your skills and knowledge in a multicultural, challenging and dynamic environment.
You want to make a difference, join us!
MISSION AND OBJECTIVES
The primary purpose of the job is to ensure day-to-day quality of service of live applications to end-users.
This position implies On Call Duties, to cover for eventual incident that may occur during the weekends, bank holidays as a level 2 for other locations.
The position consists in providing support for the corresponding list of applications in a cross-regional environment, in a follow-the-sun model. It also encapsulates Incident, Change, Problem, Service Request and Release Management as part of the Service Management catalogue in line with the defined Standard Operating Procedures. Being a follow-the-sun model, candidates will be expected to work on different alternating shifts.
Candidates having an exposure to ITIL V3, capable of participating critical initiatives within the Team, interact with Quality Control and Reporting Teams in the production of Key Performance Indicators and exposure/experience towards follow-the-sun support model may be favoured.
• Diagnosing and resolving incidents
• Answering user requests
• Monitoring production environments
• Developing a good understanding of the existing application(functional and technical)
• Ensure daily communication & transition with teams from other time zones
TRAINING AND OCCUPATIONAL EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s degree or higher or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Good French verbal communication skills are a plus, fluent English communication is a must
ESSENTIAL SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS
• Sound knowledge in SQL queries (Oracle preferred but PL/SQL, SQL Server or Sybase would be alternatives)
• Prior experience of working in Unix environments and Shell scripting or Windows
• Knowledge of programming languages (C, C++, C, .Net, VBA, APS .Net) would be an advantage.
• Knowledge of Schedulers (Autosys, Control M) and ETL tool (Datastage WTX) would be an advantage
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS
• Strong analytical skills
• Good interpersonal skills and team player
• Client focused
• Attention to details
• High energy level coupled with a desire to take on responsibility
• Able to multi-task
A recruitment policy that promotes equity and diversity:
Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
We pride ourselves in applying non-discrimination rules to all our recruitments.
We will only contact the candidates selected who meet the job requirements in terms of training and experience.
About BNP Paribas
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. It has a presence in 73 countries, with more than 195,000 employees, including more than 148,000 in Europe. The Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporates and institutional clients) to realise their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance. In Europe, the Group has four domestic markets (Belgium, France, Italy and Luxembourg) and BNP Paribas Personal Finance is the leader in consumer lending. BNP Paribas is rolling out its integrated retail-banking model in Mediterranean countries, in Turkey, in Eastern Europe and a large network in the western part of the United States. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas also enjoys top positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas as well as a solid and fast-growing business in Asia-Pacific.
About BNP Paribas in Canada
In Canada, BNP Paribas is one of the dominant foreign banks in the country and is committed to building its platform even further. Since becoming the operational hub for the Group’s activities in North America in 2013, it has grown significantly to reach more than 700 employees and is expected to continue growing in the coming years. With the continued development of technology and financial fields, BNP Paribas Canada continues to attract experts with diverse backgrounds as well as young and ambitious talent from across the globe. With the international mobility and capacity that very few companies can offer, BNP Paribas prides itself in providing a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow.