About BNP Paribas Group:
BNP Paribas is a top-ranking bank in Europe with an international profile. It operates in 71 countries and has almost 199 000 employees. The Group ranks highly in its three core areas of activity: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail banking networks and financial services are grouped together under Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, centred on corporate and institutional clients. The Group helps all of its clients (retail, associations, businesses, SMEs, large corporates and institutional) to implement their projects by providing them with services in financing, investment, savings and protection. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas enjoys leading positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas and has a solid and fast-growing network in the Asia/Pacific region.
About BNP Paribas India Solutions:
Established in 2005, BNP Paribas India Solutions is a wholly owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas SA, a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. With delivery centers located in Bengaluru, Chennai and Mumbai, we are a 24x7 global delivery center. India Solutions services three business lines: Corporate and Institutional Banking, Investment Solutions and Retail Banking for BNP Paribas across the Group. Driving innovation and growth, we are harnessing the potential of over 6000 employees, to provide support and develop best-in-class solutions.
About Businessline/Function :
- Global Markets IT is the complete gamut of IT solutions that facilitate and enable the Global Markets business of BNP Paribas. Within Global Markets IT, Trade Processing is the domain, which comprises of the range of asset-specific applications that manage the lifetime and workflow of deals right from their capture through to their settlement and reporting.
GMIT Trade Processing
Business Line / Function:
Number of Direct Reports:
Directorship / Registration:
- The position is for a software developer who would be required to work in a team responsible for deal capture systems which manage the capture and workflow through their lifetime of Interest rate derivatives/credit derivatives/bonds. These are used globally across all time zones.
- The applications are multi-tiered , primarily developed in VC++ , with strong usage of Oracle PL/SQL , IBM MQ , TIBCO RV and Oracle Coherence
- Work on these applications is a combination of M&E, including significant new functional changes to keep up with the demands of the market, development to prepare and serve the ambitions of the business and regular technical evolution.
These applications are manned by a team of Business Analysts, Developers and Testers, spread across London, Paris and Mumbai, with program management in London. The team is made of very senior technicians globally who create tools and support the functional application teams by being leaders on matters of technology.
Agile Scrum methodology is followed as SDLC. The position will be working as a part of the scrum taking on roles of developer or Scrum master as required.
- The developer will be required to do significant new developments and re-factorization for performance improvements and optimization, extensive analysis, Maintenance and bug fixes.
- Write automated Unit tests and contribute to the CI/CD migration of the application
- The developer is required to show a steep learning curve to understand the application flows and independently work in the scrum.
- Would participate and contribute to the projects’ design , estimation , release and post release activities
- Perform code reviews of the team and technically guide the juniors
- The Developer would report functionally to specific application Team Lead based in Mumbai/London
- Is expected to learn about the product and all parts of the system at code level the code that makes it work
- Is required to frequently interact (by mail / chat / phone / Video Conference) with business Analysts, other application and architecture teams, production support in multiple locations, mostly in London and Singapore.
- Required to work on a rota for 3rd line support including support from home as part of a global rota system.
- The developer is expected to take on tasks independently and own them across all stages of the SDLC.
- Maintain the teams practices and processes, retrospectives
- Code review and unit test
- Status reporting to technical and functional managers
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
- Sound knowledge of Software Engineering and Object Oriented programming
- High level of comfort and expertise in C++ programming including STL, multi-threaded applications and Services
- Very Good knowledge of RDBMS / SQL
- Very good in investigating issues and providing solutions
- Possess the ability to explain and articulate solutions, and work constructively with others including more senior and junior members in the team to implement the same.
- Strong MFC knowledge and work experience
- Good to have experience of IBM MQ, TIBCO RV
- Demonstrate the ability to show initiative and take the lead solving business focused technical problems
- Have a can do attitude that focuses on resolving the overall problem in the medium and long term as well as meeting the short term objectives
- Willingness and ability to put in effort even when not explicitly requested to do so
Specific Qualifications (if required)
- 3+ years’ work experience in IT development or support
- At least 3 years of hands on Application development
- At least 3 years of application development in C++ preferably on Windows
Behavioural Skills: (Please select up to 4 skills)
Attention to detail / rigor
Ability to collaborate / Teamwork
Ability to deliver / Results driven
Communication skills - oral & written
Transversal Skills: (Please select up to 5 skills)
Ability to develop and adapt a process
Ability to understand, explain and support change
Choose an item.
Choose an item.
Bachelor Degree or equivalent
At least 3 years
Other/Specific Qualifications (if required)