At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.Job Description Summary
Proactively develops sales leads, following up on internal referrals and seeking external referral business. Meets with clients face-to-face and over the phone to ask questions and provide financial planning strategies for clients by assessing the client's past, present and future financial needs, objectives and requirements. These needs and requirements are met by providing financial advice and investment products. Provides full service advice including asset allocation and retirement income stream strategies. Ensures all transactions and administrative processes are accomplished for each lead, sales and service activity.Essential Job Functions
Other Job Duties
- Provides financial strategies for client financial needs by collecting and analyzing client financial data to determine which products best meet the client’s financial needs, and providing advice to the client as to what investment products are in the client’s best interest.
- Creates financial plans for customers.
- Maintains an in-depth knowledge of the bank’s products and offerings, and promotes these products and offerings amongst clients as appropriate.
- Provides product training to and promotes products amongst bank branch personnel in conjunction with BWIS/WMG Management.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with bank branch personnel.
- Provides training and coaching for team members (when appropriate) in conjunction with BWIS/WMG Management.
- Provides outstanding customer service by following up on any client service request.
- Fulfills all regulatory and firm compliance obligations as detailed in policies, procedures and regulations.
- Collaborates with WMG and BOW partners.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Licenses & CertificationsSkills
- Requires advanced knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
- May have practical knowledge of project management.
- Requires 5 years minimum prior relevant experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
- Knowledge of securities / financial industry.
- Effectively communicate to diverse clientele both verbally and in writing.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and ability to navigate easily through Internet based systems.
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.
Primary Location: United States-Arizona-TempeJob Type: Full-timeJob: Advisory Services