At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.Job Description Summary
Managed Services provides primary and backup portfolio servicing to a variety of customers, including leasing companies, manufacturers and their captive finance companies, other wholesale and retail lenders, trust groups, insurers and investment bankers. This position manages the identification and gathering of client servicing requirements and the assimilation process of this business into the Managed Services group. This manager works closely with Managed Services servicing staff, EFD management, clients, and various third parties to provide technical support for many of the servicing requirements of Managed Services. Duties include documentation of client system and data servicing requirements, creation of programming specifications, data mapping and conversion, and various IT projects and initiatives.Essential Job Functions
Other Job Duties
- Participate in the sales process to identify specific customer portfolio servicing requirements. Conduct demonstrations and offer technical advice on front-end and back-end support.
- Document client servicing and system functionality requirements. Ability to translate business requests to more technical specifications.
- Provide EFD management and conversion teams with implementation and project time line analysis for front-end and back-end requirements. Host conversion team meetings.
- Lead and actively participate in portfolio data conversions including mapping, testing, and reconciliation from a variety of third party servicing systems. Coordinate additional resources required from IT Development Services, EFD Systems, and EFD Operations.
- Lead and actively participate in the development of backup servicing processes to be managed by EFD Servicing. Create and test data conversion protocols for backup servicing. Perform various backup servicing duties.
- Lead in the design and implementation of internally developed web applications or interfaces to third party front-end applications.
- Compile and maintain internal system procedures related to portfolio conversions and backup servicing processes.
- Coordinate fulfillment of customer requirements for portfolio conversions by working closely with EFD Servicing, EFD Systems, EFD Operations, and Credit to identify and implement processes required for ongoing production and operational support to be assumed by these groups.
- Maintain on-going contact and support with managed clients to address additional business. Requirements including production processes and enhancements.
- Participate in the monthly EFD Prioritization meetings required to prioritize SR project submissions impacting IT Development Services and EFD Systems.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Understands basic management approaches such as work scheduling, prioritizing, coaching and process execution.
- Typically requires advanced knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
- Requires 7 years minimum prior relevant experience.
- Bachelor's Degree comparable work experience in finance or portfolio servicing
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
- Thorough knowledge of policies, practices, laws, and regulations of portfolio servicing.
- Extensive experience in commercial lease and loan portfolio conversion.
- Knowledge of InfoLease application, web application data architecture, and table layout in Oracle and postgres a plus.
- Technical skills in the areas of data analysis, application integration, software testing, systems analysis and design, systems development, troubleshooting and problem solving on problems of diverse scope and complexity.
- Demonstrated analysis/assessment capabilities.
- Skills in business process analysis/design, preferably in the leasing / financial services arena.
- Sales and business development.
- Strong management skills.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Internal and external communication.
- Capability to work with other managers and conflict resolution.
- Strong knowledge and experience with MS Office Suite.
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.
Primary Location: United States-Arizona-TempeJob Type: Full-timeJob: Business / Commercial Banking