At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.Job Description Summary
Responsible for directing the overall administration of business line's systems.Provides management with direction and leadership in technical areas in order to ensure the development of highly complex business systems, system applications, specifications, procedures and impact.Essential Job Functions
Other Job Duties
- Manages and provides leadership in the administration of business line's systems including: reviewing and implementing changes in system parameters and formats; ensuring hardware and software systems compatibility; and ensuring system improvements.
- Guides the formulation and definition of small project/system scope and objectives and development of detailed systems specifications from which programs will be written and that fit with the Bank's system architecture standards.
- Ensures change controls, compliance, risk management, business continuity activities for all business systems.
- Directs the evaluation of existing systems and procedures to identify deficiencies and maintain more effective data handling, conversion, input/output requirements, and storage. Leads the review of the analyses, developments and revisions to existing system logic difficulties and documentation as necessary.
- Primary liaision to business partners (internal and/or external) through coding and implementation to ensure product matches envisioned result.
- Counsels business partners by providing coordination and analytical assistance such as interpretation of requirements,developing detailed requirements,and system definition.
- Guides in the maintainance of updated systems documentation (including policies and procedures), SLA agreements, audit readiness, and an effective disaster recovery process.
- Conducts feasibility studies and recommends new or enhanced applications software to meet business needs.
- Guides in the development of test plans and test conditions.
- Reviews vendor deliverables and coordinates vendor activities as needed which may include integration of vendor tasks and contractual commitments.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- M2 - 7 yrs Understands basic management approaches such as work scheduling, prioritizing, coaching and process execution. Typically requires advanced knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
Requires 7 years minimum prior relevant experience
- Thorough knowledge of business systems architecture.
- Thorough knowledge of programming, documentation and interface requirements
- Thorough knowledge of systems hardware, software, and system administration
- Thorough knowledge of financial Banking systems
- Thorough knowledge of applications development methodologies
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
- Enhances the performance of systems based on analysis and tuning of systems.
- Provides leadership, advice, and support to management, staff, and system users in the application of technology to business projects and services.
- Develops requirements and coordinates introduction of enhancements or new products.
- Partners with internal businesses to improve/address business or technology gaps or deficiencies, communications, system availability, data integration and customer service.
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.
Primary Location: United States-California-San RamonJob Type: Full-timeJob: Technology