In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 18,000 employees* and a presence in 13 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 68 markets with more than 193,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
* excluding partnerships
At BNP Paribas, we passionately embrace diversity and are committed to fostering an inclusive workplace where all employees are valued, respected and can bring their authentic selves to work. We prohibit Discrimination and Harassment of any kind and our policies promote equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants, irrespective of, but not limited to their gender, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, ethnicity, race, colour, national origin, age, religion, social status, mental or physical disabilities, veteran status etc. As a global Bank, we truly believe that inclusion and diversity of our teams is key to our success in serving our clients and the communities we operate in.
MAIN OBJECTIVES & PURPOSE
A. FRONT OFFICE SUPPORT ON PROCESSES
To provide the proximity support to the Front Office on the main operational processes (account
opening / review, order taking, credit, etc.).
1. Address promptly the Front Office queries on the business processes.
2. Create and partner with a network of in-house experts (from Client Management, Compliance,
Credit, Operations, etc.) to address more complex queries.
3. Build and maintain, in collaboration with all the support functions, our WM InfoHub APAC, a portal
in SharePoint as the reference entry gate for the Front Office (for an easy access to all relevant
procedures, forms, templates, FAQ, tutorial videos, chatbot, etc.).
B. FRONT OFFICE EFFICIENCY
To drive the simplification journey related to the Front Office processes in collaboration with other
1. Identify the pain points and work out with the relevant actors until the resolution / closure of the
issues raised (given the internal and/or external constrains).
2. Communicate on the actions taken (e.g. via flash news / the Front Office portal or regular ‘’Front
Office Paint Points / Feedback’' meetings, etc.).
3. Manage the escalation process and necessary follow-up actions.
4. Ensure the proper tracking and reporting of the simplification plan to the Management.
C. FRONT OFFICE REPRESENTATION
To ensure the Front Office requirements / concern are taken into account in the Bank’s change
management initiatives (operational process, IT upgrade, regulatory framework, etc.) in close
collaboration with the Markets and Investment Counsellors, where applicable.
1. Analyse the impact of new projects, workflows, etc. on the operations of the Front Office.
2. Liaise with the relevant stakeholders to discuss impacts and work out solutions. Strive to design
business friendly solutions.
3. Work out with the relevant project managers / coordinators for a smooth change management
process for the Front Office.
D. FRONT OFFICE PROCEDURES
1. Maintain / update the Front Office procedures (tagged to the department) including the Business
Impact Analysis and the Wide Area Disaster for the Front Office. Review and comment the
procedures from other departments impacting the Front Office. Ensure that the procedures are
consistent across sites (if applicable).
2. Communicate the updates on new or improved operational workflows / processes to the Front
Office (for those under the Business Solutions teams’ responsibility).
3. Contribute to the training and understanding of the Front Office procedures (providing orientation
to newly on-boarded staff and refreshers as and when required).
4. Assist to reply to regulators / auditors’ enquiries (operational processes involving the Front
Office). Ensure the closure of regulators / auditors’ recommendations under the team’s
-Ensure that business activities are in line with regulatory and compliance requirements.
- Contribute to implementing a sound permanent control framework (policies and procedures, Business
Continuity Plan, action plan and recommendation follow up, reporting…).
- Contribute to the reporting of incidents according to internal policy.
COMPETENCIES / SKILLS
- University degree holder with minimum 7/8 years of relevant private banking working experience.
- Experience in business management position and/or project management is highly appreciated.
- Very good knowledge and understanding of local regulatory environment.
- Strong influencing and interpersonal skills, ability to work and engage discussions with stakeholders
at all levels and cultivate positive working relationship across functions.
- Ability to manage complexity, multi task, juggle multiple assignments and deliver pragmatic solutions.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Excel, PowerPoint.