In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 17,000 employees* and a presence in 13 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 73 markets with more than 196,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career in an international business environment that is fast-paced, diverse and focuses on creating high-value relationships with our clients. We offer competitive salary and benefits, as well as a working environment where you’re valued as part of the team.
* excluding partnerships
1. Establish Department as a keen business partner and play a contributory role to the Bank’s business strategy.
2. Formulate and oversee the development of critical business risk related strategy/policies with a balanced orientation towards business growth, managed risk, efficiency, enhance productivity and quality service.
3. To identify, evaluate, monitor, report and control/mitigate risks and to properly document risk management strategies, policies and procedures.
As the first line of defense, to ensure the existence of a risk-based, sustainable and efficient framework surrounding Operational, Business and Conduct risks, in collaboration with the Business of WM in APAC
1. Monitoring and management of risk associated with Protection of client’s interests - Suitability framework and other major management’s initiatives, and in compliant with regulations, group and local policies and procedures.
Management of risk associated with Suitability Framework :
• liaising with internal stakeholders to assess the feasibility and implementation implications of framework
• assist in implementation and monitoring of controls and remediation plans
• provide advisory to FO on key controls and to enhance the process.
• Escalating identified exceptions to Management and Compliance
• perform 1st level control/thematic reviews
2. Manage, coordinate and effective communication with cross functional groups at key decision stages to facilitate the decision making process relating to business risk matters.
3. Play a proactive role to continuously review and assessment on the effectiveness and adequacy of the controls.
4. Identify and drive opportunities to enhance efficiency and effectiveness of front office processes.
5. Take on ad-hoc projects as assigned by Department Head.
- Ability to collaborate / Teamwork
- Communication skills - oral & written
- Attention to detail / rigor
- Critical thinking
- Analytical Ability
- Ability to develop and adapt a process
- Ability to inspire others & generate people's commitment
- Ability to anticipate business / strategic evolution
- Ability to manage / facilitate a meeting, seminar, committee, training
Specific Qualifications (if required)
At least 5 years working experience in the Compliance/Control/Risk area