At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Job Description Summary
The IT Identity Access Management (IAM) Business Operations Manager will have responsibility over all business operations within the IAM team, including business use and bank-wide promotion of tool use, service and user access request fulfillment, training, QA and reporting on IAM team business process results. This manager will work closely with the IT Manager overseeing the technical development and support of our IAM tools.
The IT IAM Business Operations Manager will also be responsible for planning and directing the day to day functional activities of assigned staff. Provides management with direction and day to day leadership in technical areas. Provides advice to management concerning the application of computing techniques to technical and business problems. Assigned area(s) of responsibility are activities of moderate complexity and impact.
Essential Job Functions
1. Demonstrates expert knowledge and understanding of the key principles of Identity and Access Management with an in-depth knowledge of authentication, authorization, implementation, and governance.
2. Maintains working knowledge of multifactor authentication (MFA) architectures and multiple access management systems (PAM, SSO, IAG, IAM).
3. Develops and prepares budgets, project plans including scheduling, costs, resources, and other operational concerns.
4. Demonstrates effective verbal and written communication skills with ability to take highly technical information and present to all levels of management, technical staffs, and business/professional contacts.
5. Analyzes business systems specifications.
6. Defines and documents product requirements, project deliverables, and product acceptance criteria.
7. Interfaces with clients in identifying needs.
8. Develops feasibility studies and business proposals for hardware/software solutions.
9. Plans business and related technical training for new technologies and processes.
10. Advises and directs staff on resolving production and testing problems.
11. Manages and administers projects and service requests.
12. Advises management on these matters.
13. Ensures adherence to Bank and information systems policies and procedures, security measures, and audit standards.
14. Supervises installation of vendor solutions and maintenance.
15. Instructs personnel and verifies the quality of performance.
16. Anticipates operational/techincal needs and develops plans to ensure system/user's needs are met.
Requires practical knowledge in
leading and managing the execution of processes, projects and tactics within
• Strong aptitude for the use and
operational support of Identity and Access Management tools
• Expert communication and
collaboration skills across large organizations
• Typically has advanced knowledge
and skills within a specific technical or professional discipline with
understanding of the impact of work on other areas of the organization.
• Requires 10 years minimum prior
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide
equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any
status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an
Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with
criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance
subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.