At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
While Bank of the
West considers all applicants, we will not sponsor candidates for work visas at
this time.Job Description Summary
Responsible for assisting in providing strategic analysis support to Divisions operating Group. This position will be involved in various simple to moderate business intelligence projects, such as assisting in preparation of key performance metrics, sales pipeline, sales forecasts, client profitability, and product cross-sell results. This position will assist in preparing economic/financial research and analysis for use in the development of business strategies and tactics. Research including market studies, industry studies, benchmarking as well as modeling scenarios.Essential Job Functions
Other Job Duties
- Responsible for assisting in the preparation and analysis of Monthly and Quarterly reporting deliverables. Coordinates with Divisional resources in securing data for reports (e.g. profitability reports, trend analysis, vintage analysis, sensitivity analysis, Pipeline Reporting, RM scorecards, key performance indicators -relationship volume, cross-sells, product penetration rates). Performance tracking is at the Division, Cost Center, and producer (Relationship Manager) level.
- Assists in the development of tools used to monitor group's strategic initiatives progress. Helps in creating new report templates, new SharePoint sites, and data management solutions.
- Provides support assistance to field staff on systems and reports. Uses feedback from internal stakeholders, makes recommendations to management on process and/or reporting improvements.
- Assists in the development of presentations to Division management and line personnel. Also serves as point of contact for questions related to reports.
- Project planning for simple and moderate analysis requests.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- P2 - 3 yrs Requires practical knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
Requires 3 years minimum prior relevant experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
- Proficient in MS Office - Especially Excel and Access SQL knowledge helpful
- Good written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to perform needs analysis and provide input into solutions.
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.
Primary Location: United States-California-San FranciscoJob Type: Full-timeJob: Accounting Finance