Business Intelligence Analyst
Job Description Summary
Essential Job Functions
- Responsible for the preparation and analysis of monthly and quarterly reporting deliverables. Coordinates with divisional resources in securing data for reports (e.g. profitability reports, trend analysis, vintage analysis, sensitivity analysis, pipeline reporting, scorecards, key performance indicators, cross-sells, and product penetration rates). Performance tracking is at the Division, Cost Center, and producer (Relationship Manager) level.
- Assists in the development of tools used to monitor the group's strategic initiatives. Creating new report templates, new SharePoint sites, and data management solutions.
- Provides support assistance to field staff on systems and reports. Uses feedback from internal stakeholders to make recommendations to management on process and/or reporting improvements.
- Assists in the development of presentations to management and line personnel. Also serves as point of contact for questions related to reports.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires advanced knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
- Requires 5 years minimum prior relevant experience.
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field.
- Strong analytical and technical skills. Ability to write SQL queries and work with large datasets.
- The ability to work independently, identify inefficiencies, design and implement process improvements.
- The ability to communicate effectively and create strong collaborative relationships with key stakeholders.
- Prior knowledge of VBA, Python, Tableau, OBIEE, SSRS or similar analytical and business intelligence tools preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.