Business Intelligence Analyst
At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Job Description Summary
*No sponsorship is offered at this time
Responsible to provide strategic analysis support to Division's within the operating Group. This position will be involved in various complex business intelligence projects, such as preparing and analyzing key performance metrics, sales pipeline, sales forecasts, client profitability, and product cross-sell results. This position will assists in preparing economic/financial research and analysis for use in the development of business strategies and tactics. Research including market studies, industry studies, bench-marking as well as modeling scenarios.
Essential Job Functions
- Responsible for the preparation and analysis of Monthly and Quarterly reporting deliverables. Coordinates with Divisional resources in securing data for reports (e.g. profitability reports, trend analysis, vintage analysis, sensitivity analysis, Pipeline Reporting, RM scorecards, key performance indicators -relationship volume, cross-sells, product penetration rates). Performance tracking is at the Division, Cost Center, and producer (Relationship Manager).
- Assists in the development of tools used to monitor group's strategic initiatives progress. Creating new report templates, new SharePoint sites, and data management solutions.
- Provide support assistance to field staff on systems and reports. Uses feedback from internal make recommendations to management on process and/or reporting improvements.
Other Job Duties
- Assists in the development of presentations to Division management and line personnel. Also serves as point of contact for questions related to CBG reports.
- Project planning for complex analysis requests.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires advanced knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
- May have practical knowledge of project management.
- Requires 5 years minimum prior relevant experience.
- Bachelor's Degree Finance or Accounting Related Degree
- Proficient in Tableau including the creation of LOD calculations, data blending, visualizations, dashboards and stories
- Proficient in MS Office
· Intermediate level of skill with SQL
- Good written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to perform needs analysis and provide input into solutions.