Job Title: Business Development Manager
Location: Field Based
Hours: Full Time – Permanent
A bit about us:
At BNP Paribas Personal Finance, we’re part of a global bank and are proud to be a Top Employer UK, providing a great place to work in an open and inclusive environment.
We’re here to provide simple and straightforward consumer finance solutions and we work with many well-known retailers and brands to help their customers finance their purchases in a responsible way.
We care about making a positive impact for our colleagues, customers, partners, and the wider community. That’s why we live by our values of we're positive, we’re brave, and we own it.
You will be required to source and recruit Business to Business relationships, with a specific emphasis on the retail Point of Sale market place, as part of BNPP PF’s sustainable growth strategy. The Business Development Manager will work to agreed objectives that include numbers of new signings and annualised and actual written lending targets.
- Canvass and recruit B2B relationships as part of the agreed New Business Development strategy
- Identify and develop new market / sector opportunities working with internal departments to gain all relevant approvals.
- Work with the Head of Business Development to formulate the New Business Development strategy
- Take full ownership of relationships with key stakeholders
- Leading contract negotiations and deliver contractual commitments and contract amendments as part of the negotiation process.
- Key negotiator for partnership propositions and business development with new partners to include planning and agreeing operational activities to set up new account management for newly acquired partners.
- Implementation of the sales strategy process as defined, whilst having awareness of BNPP PF capabilities. Identify potential inhibitors to successful implementation of ‘strategy’, process and resolve
- Share knowledge, experience and best practice with the wider Partnerships Team and Management and COMEX teams.
- Constantly monitor retail & business media to increase understanding of the Retail sector in order that potential B2B opportunities can be identified and developed
- Provide direction to Project and Marketing teams where required and ensure good ‘relevant’ communications are in place and always maintained with appropriate key individuals (internal and external).
- Always have awareness of system and resources implications taking into account any planning that may be needed and liaise with the Head of Business Development.
- Take an active and integral part in all sales recruitment activities and provide direction on sales campaigns where required.
- Deliver sales KPIs to agreed business plan, whilst controlling financial spend, keeping within agreed budgets and profit models.
- Generating, fostering and developing relationships with major/strategic key account prospects in order to achieve the Company’s budgeted sales targets by selling BNPP PF products to consumers through partners, with specific emphasis on:
- Production Volumes
- Profitability / NBI
- Product Mix
- Be the interface between Partner, Head Office, and Sales department during the recruitment & onboarding process
- Successful management of the partner relationships internally and externally to Board level during the recruitment and onboarding process
- Work with key stakeholders (Risk, Consumer Finance, Legal, Partner Risk, the Partnership Development team and Finance) to develop the BNPP PF offer to ensure that we are competitive and taking advantage of all opportunities.
- Identify and exploit new market opportunities where our proposition matches that of our prospective clients and where BNPP PF is satisfied that the risk portfolio of these respective markets is acceptable.
- Create and lead business proposals and negotiations, establish BNPP PF’s capability to meet both consumer and client needs. Develop and report solutions to specific client requirements.
- Have awareness for existing relevant regulatory and legal requirements and liaise with relevant departments to resolve any challenges to success.
- Always ensure due care and diligence with all regulatory and legal matters.
- Maintain good working relationships with key external staff to Board level, as required.
- Using initiative, enthusiasm, and drive to champion the cause of the Sales strategy at all times.
Skills & Attributes:
This is a home-based position. The Business Development Manager will be expected to attend the main offices of BNPP PF from time to time.
- Full driving licence.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Outstanding track record in business development.
- Target and results driven.
- Commercial awareness.
- Strong organisational skills
- Confidence and networking ability.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Sales development experience within a fully digital online environment.
Could this be you?
BNP Paribas Personal Finance believe it’s a positive attitude and passion to make things happen that matters most.
What’s in it for you?
As well as working for a Top Employer UK 2022 and being part of a team that changes customer’s lives, there are some excellent benefits too. We offer a competitive salary, a contributory pension scheme, and our Health Cash plan scheme. You also receive access to our multi-award-winning flexible benefits platform designed to provide you with the best range of benefits available to suit your lifestyle including life insurance and private medical insurance. Not to mention the all-important 25 days holiday each year to enjoy. There are also perks which give you fantastic discounts off eating out, cinema tickets, days out and much more. Learn more about what it means to be part of the BNP Paribas Personal Finance team here: BNP Paribas Personal Finance UK - YouTube or click here to learn more about careers at BNP Paribas Personal Finance: Careers (bnpparibas-pf.co.uk).
Equal Opportunities Disclaimer
BNP Paribas Personal Finance promotes equality of opportunity and is committed to ensure that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.