Your Main Activities Are
- Collaborate with the other data scientists to automate business dashboards (as prototypes first), and prepare them to be put in production
- Contribute to the development and governance of our data and support the different business lines with data-driven decision-making
- Meet different stakeholders to frame their data needs, based on your findings collect the necessary data, process the data and turn it into meaningful tools which meet the requirements expressed by the teams
- Participate to inter-disciplinary teams and contribute to the improvement and streamlining of data systems within the company to drive innovation
- Good understanding of the business and data strategy
- Contribute to automate present reports and check data consistency
- Contribute to design and implement data strategies and systems with Transaction Banking Advisor expert and data scientist to automate as much as we can keep always in mind cost/benefit and challenging each demand, introducing new way of working
- Participate to the collection, storage, management, quality and protection of data
- Making sure data privacy policies and complying with data protection regulations
- Help to determine where to cut costs and increase revenue based on insights derived from data
- Effectively communicate the status, value, and importance of data collection to executive members and staff
Profile and Skills to Success
- The successful candidate will have an academic education in data management, data analytics, business intelligence tools or related fields and ideally transaction banking knowledge (finance, business, operations or IT)
- Fluency in English is mandatory, both oral and written
- Advanced level of Excel
- Experience with Power BI is a plus
- Excellent conceptualization skills and data exposure
- Experience in Banking or Financial or Accounting Industry is a plus
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and influence skills
- Open and eager to learn and discover day to day banking product
- Knowledge of business intelligence tools
Why joining BNP Paribas?
· Leading banking institution
BNP Paribas is a leader in the Eurozone, and a prominent international banking institution with strong roots in Europe's banking history. It has a presence in 65 countries, with around 190 000 Employees – including more than 145 000 in Europe.
· Our presence in Portugal
Since 1985, BNP Paribas was one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, the Group has around 7.100 employees across several entities operating directly in the territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
· International reach
Thanks to its international presence and regular and close collaboration among its different entities, BNP Paribas has the resources to support all clients with financing, investment, savings and protection solutions that help make their projects a success. BNP Paribas holds key positions in its three core operating divisions:
- Retail Banking, a division that brings together all of the Group’s retail activities and specialised business lines;
- Investment & Protection Services that include specialised businesses offering a wide range of savings, investment and protection services;
- Corporate & Institutional Banking division that offers tailored financial solutions for corporate and institutional clients.
· Diversity and Inclusion commitment
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity/paternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency, which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
· Commitment towards work/life balance
At BNP Paribas we care about our employees wellbeing and promote a culture of good integration between work and rest. We believe our employees have rich personal lives outside of work, being fundamental to be disconnected from work to recharge both physically and mentally. Only through this balance we may all be at our best while working.
· Remote Working Conditions
At BNP Paribas, we embrace a Smart Working framework based on trust, autonomy and collaboration. Within this framework, eligible employees can benefit from flexible remote working modalities adapted to our hybrid working environment. To guarantee a comfortable and efficient working set-up, eligible employees are provided with both the office and home equipment, are entitled to an equipment allowance and can benefit from exclusive partnerships to purchase additional equipment at reduced prices.
To find out more on why you should join BNP Paribas visit https://bnpp.lk/why-BNP-Paribas-Portugal
* Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
* In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.