Business Change Specialist FTC
BNP Paribas Securities Services is a multi-asset servicing specialist with local expertise in 36 markets around the world and a global reach covering 90+ markets. This extensive network enables us to provide our institutional investor clients with the connectivity and local knowledge they need to navigate change in a fast-moving world.
As of 31 December 2018, BNP Paribas Securities Services had USD 10.660 trillion in assets under custody, USD 2.662 trillion in assets under administration, 10,545 funds administered and 11,932 employees.
The UK Middle Office Operational Business Transformation Department exists to provide subject matter expertise & business analysis services into Middle Office portfolio of projects budgeted for in any given year.
Projects and change initiatives which the team are involved in include the following categories: Client Changes, Client Implementation, Efficiency, Operational, Product Development, Regulatory, Strategic and Technical Projects.
The support provided includes provision of skilled resources to undertake projects including:
- Project Managers
- Business Analysts
Purpose of the position:
The purpose of the role is to act as a Business Change Specialist for Trade Management. In terms of Governance, the role will reside in the Middle Office Operational Business Transformation Team Trade Management portfolio.
The role will cover assigned change and Support across
mainly the Trade Management processes and will be required to work closely with
colleagues and stakeholders across departments and global locations.
- Contribute insight and analysis into potential projects/businesses cases ensuring accurate estimates for benefits and other project deliverables are SMART.
- Gathering, defining, agreeing and documenting requirements to ensure traceability and favourable project control
- Design of operating models, both tactical and strategic, to support business change, ensuring these are understood and signed off by all relevant stakeholders.
- Provide accurate status tracking and reporting, issue management (including facilitating workshops when required), managing actions, dependency Management, chairing/attending governance meetings ensuring sufficient escalation where required.
- Where required, completing all necessary processes documentation and procedures to promote projects into the production environment, including the management of deployment dates, plans, sign-offs, migration planning, training plans and contingency / back-out plans.
- Supporting our client and project integrated change control process. This may also mean dealing directly with our client in a professional manner.
- Collation of materials, chairing and minuting the project documents and internal / external meetings. Using the appropriate brainstorming, facilitation techniques and business analysis tools and techniques to ensure requirements meet the business need.
- Participation and representation of BNP Paribas Securities Services at regular client update meetings
- Dealing with all levels of the organisation from developers to senior sponsors
- Effective project risk management
- Work with Subject Matter experts and Ops Teams across global locations
- Identification and completion of any testing requirements to support implementation of business change.
Skills and Experience required
and Technical Experience required for the role:
- Financial services experience is essential
- Client facing experience (preferred but not essential)
- Ability to deal with all levels of the organisation from developers to senior sponsors
- Ability to clearly articulate, communicate and manage project details or updates to a variety of Stakeholders
- Excellent active listening
- Ability to influence others and move toward a common vision or goal
- Problem solving and root cause identification skills
- Strong team player and able to work collaboratively with and through others
- Ability to identify solutions and drive through to completion
- Familiarity with Business Analysis approaches, tools and phase of the project lifecycle
- Flexible and adaptable; able to work in ambiguous situations and in a high pace environment
- Competent and sufficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Word,Excel etc)
- Degree and/or A Level or equivalent educational qualification
- Business Analysis and/or Project Management Qualification (Business Analysis qualification preferred)
Please note that we are unable to progress applications at this time from candidates who require sponsorship under a Tier 2 General Visa. The role does not meet the required skill level for us to issue a Certificate of Sponsorship under Tier 2.