BNP Paribas Securities Services, a subsidiary of the BNP Paribas group, is one of Europe's leading providers of custody services for securities.
The Luxembourg branch plays a major part in its operations, offering clients high value-added services extending from custody to securities lending, fund administration, performance measurement and ratings, and bond issuance services.
As part of its development strategy, BNP Paribas Securities Services Luxembourg is recruiting:
Tax Account Manager (H/F)
- Be the local point of contact within the Global Custody department for queries and issues relating to fiscal documentation and the application of tax conventions to Clients’ assets and accounts by building a database of up to date information received from the Group Tax Department (tax matrices, processes etc.) and by maintaining the tax procedure up to date.
- Manage proactively fiscal documentation on Client accounts having subscribed to the ‘Tax Pack’ offer, ensuring required forms are promptly completed and submitted; account set up is correct, renewal of documents prior to expiry.
- Work closely with the Group Tax Department and Products in order to ensure that a high quality level of service is delivered within the defined framework of the SLA, with active participation in regular service calls held with Global Tax Operational Team and formalized via a log. Escalation to team manager of recurrent or sensitive issues.
- Resolve all operational queries and issues raised by the Client and acknowledge the queries within 24 hours of receipt. If the query takes longer than 24 hours to resolve ensure proper and regular communication and follow up with Client until resolution.
- Manage operational impacts of local market changes communicated by the Group Tax Department / Products via Market and Client updates. Understand the content of the communications, challenge all parties where necessary, be the driver behind implementing changes in coordination with the Group Tax Department, local Client Account Management team and the Client.
- Monitor closely the reconciliation of breaks on the Luxembourg tax accounts
- Oversight on our DUAL office team based in Portugal
Qualifications and experience:
- University degree (BAC+3 minimum) in Economics or Finance
- 5 years minimum experience in the securities services business, demonstrating good in-depth technical knowledge of global custody flows and products.
- Comprehensive knowledge of securities taxation, including impact upon a custodian
- Knowledge on tax regulation (Fatca, AEOI, QI status, DAC6, …)
- Ability to work independently and also effectively in a matrix organization.
- Strong organizational and planning skills and a track record of delivery.
- Communication skills with the ability to communicate the tax strategy to clients.
- Written and spoken fluency in French and English
- Knowledge of another European language would be an asset
You will show initiative and be keen to produce work of a high quality. You will also have outstanding interpersonal skills and be able to cope with stress
Flexibility and being able to work easily as part of a team will also be greatly appreciated.
During the finalization of the recruitment process, the preselected candidate will be asked to provide us an extract from his/her criminal record dated less than 3 months (record N°3 for Luxembourg), according to the dispositions of the law from July 23 2016 concerning the criminal record.