Business Banking Relationship Officer
Job Description Summary
Responsible for contributing to unit's growth and profitability by providing marketing, portfolio management and credit support for senior relationship managers and relationship managers. May manage a portfolio of less complex relationships. Generally targets companies with sales of less than $50 million
Essential Job Functions
- Provides historical financial analysis for CRs and other purposes.
- Maintains credit compliance including monitoring documentation and providing regular financial analysis. Identifies potential problem loans.
- Prepares CRs.
- Prepares all internal documentation required.
- Prepares financial models including obtaining and analyzing all necessary financial data using specialized commercial credit analysis software.
- Researches market for prospective clients. May prepare business development plan. Makes joint calls on customers and prospects.
- Prepares marketing materials and participates in presentation.
- May manage a portfolio of less complex commercial banking relationships providing consultative advice and products and services to meet customers’ needs and enhance and expand banking relationships.
- Promotes good customer relations and identifies opportunities to refer customers and/or potential customers to other units of the bank to provide cross-sell opportunities that meet the Bank’s and customer’s needs.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires advanced knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
- May have practical knowledge of project management.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Some experience in commercial lending.
- Some knowledge of commercial lending policies, procedures, practices and documentation.
- Good knowledge of accounting, financial statement and cash flow analysis, and financial model analysis and presentation.
- Fundamental knowledge of financial services used by commercial customers.
- Limited knowledge of capital markets.
- Documentation knowledge.
- Financial analysis skills.
- Written and verbal communication skills.
- Manage Tickler, Upcoming Maturities and Doc Deficiency Reports
- Follow up for Tickler clearance
- Prepare Green Light Memos, cash flows and Moody’s projections
- Open new applications / uploads information in underwriting platform
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.