Willing to push the boundaries with us for a more sustainable world?
Inspection Générale Hub Brussels & Factor (IG HB&F) is an internal audit department, integrated in the global Inspection Générale function of BNP Paribas. IG HB&F plays a key role in the ”corporate governance” of BNP Paribas Fortis NV/SA and BNP Paribas Group.
IG HB&F provides professional and independent assurance to support the achievement of the objectives of the bank and other entities of BNP Paribas. It evaluates the effectiveness of governance, risk management and control processes, and recommends solutions for optimising them. IG HB&F performs audit assignments according to the IIA Standards and the common methodology applied by Inspection Générale (IG) worldwide.
The IG HB&F Hub professionals form a tight team with a collaborative mindset and are mainly active in Belgium, the Netherlands, Denmark, Norway, Sweden and Finland, and sometimes even in other locations of BNP Paribas elsewhere in the world.
If you are looking for a challenging role, offering you a very broad view on the activities of the bank and other entities of BNP Paribas, being part of this Hub gives you the perfect opportunity to apply and expand your skills and grow your experience. Our Hub closely interacts with people and teams from various business lines and functions, offering an unequalled variety in the job. Not one day will be the same. We offer continuous training to accompany you in this exciting journey.
Looking more into the future, new career evolution opportunities will arise not only within audit, but within any other business line or function within the bank or other BNP Paribas entities thanks to the high visibility and the rich network that come with your new role.
Your future job
As a member of the audit team, you may follow the strategic and business developments in the following businesses: Retail and Private Banking, Corporate and Institutional Banking, Factoring, Asset Management, Insurance, Personal Finance, Financial and Operational Leasing, Risk, Compliance, Finance and other functions.
You will work in a challenging BNP Paribas–wide environment where you will add value by:
- Analysing processes and the related risks, and evaluating the internal controls, while performing audit assignments according to the BNP Paribas IG methodology;
- Formulating audit findings, recommendations and conclusions that support the business in the achievement of its mission;
- Providing management with “assurance” on the quality of internal control;
- Contributing to internal IG projects and executing specific investigations or assignments in a flexible way;
- Building and maintaining a network of contacts and relations internal or external to IG HB&F and keeping yourself updated on the evolution within your field of attention.
- Developing your soft skills such as communication, persuasion and collaboration.
We are looking for 4 candidates who are interested to join our team.
Highlight your strengths
- You have a Master’s degree.
- You have 3 to 5 years external or internal audit experience; a sound finance and accounting competence and/or skills in auditing digitalised processes are important assets.
- You are eager to further develop your audit skills, learn more about governance and internal control and get to know the BNP Paribas Fortis and other BNP Paribas businesses.
- You target a professional certification within a period of 2 years (a.o. Certified Internal Auditor, Master in Internal Auditing, …).
- You are a pro-active team-player and have a professional, result driven and client oriented approach.
- You combine in-depth analytical skills with a great sense of synthesis
- You have an independent and critical mindset.
- You have good oral and written communication skills.
- You are fluent in English, Dutch and French.
- You are familiar with the common Office applications.
Your future workplace
In a changing world, diversity and inclusion are core values for team well-being and performance. At BNP Paribas Fortis, we want to welcome and retain all talents, regardless of gender, age, origin or sexual orientation, and irrespective of whether or not they are living with a disability, as each of them have their own experience and identity. Together, let's build the bank of tomorrow: innovative, responsible and sustainable. All of our full-time vacancies are also open to candidates wishing to work 80% or 90%.
By choosing us, you get
- Excellent opportunities for both personal and professional development to spread your wings.
- A permanent contract and an attractive remuneration.
- A position in a responsible, socially engaged organisation where diversity and inclusion are the standard.
- And last but not least, a challenging and fascinating job.
Choose BNP Paribas Fortis now and apply here.
We will make our first selections on the basis of your CV and letter of motivation. Are you the candidate we’re looking for? Then you’re sure to hear from us. Good luck!