Business Analytics Trainee
BNP Paribas is a leading European bank with an international reach. It has a presence in 72 countries, with more than 192,000 employees – including more than 146,000 in Europe and over 4,000 in Portugal alone.
BNP Paribas is present in Portugal since 1985, having been one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, BNP Paribas has several entities operating directly in this territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
Worldwide, the Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporate and institutional clients) to realise their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance.
BNP Paribas Corporate and Institutional Banking (CIB) provides to its clients financing, advisory and capital markets services. It is a globally recognised leader in many areas of expertise including among others structured financing and derivatives across a variety of asset classes.
The Business Analystics is responsible for the extraction and analyzing data, also in the preparation of reports for the Coverage departments.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Ensure data quality and integrity
· Continuously control of the data quality and integrity (e.g. client allocation, segmentation, portfolios) in the systems (Client 1st, RMPM, C3…)
· Continuously monitor the changes in client allocation, and update the systems in coordination with Coverage lines and RMPM
Manage reporting and analyses
· Actively contribute to design analytical presentations according to requirements of Coverage Management
· Collaborate to the production of regular and ad-hoc analytical reports on client activity (products, penetration, set-up) according to requirements of Coverage
· Contribute to elaboration of “ top deals, missed deals and deal replication” reports
· Contribute to regular and ad hoc benchmarking analysis
· Regular and ad hoc production of deal pipe
· Contribute to the organization of events (IBE Day, FIG Practice, OIC SteerCo…)
· University graduate, masters degree OR Business School graduate
· Some knowledge of corporate and institutional products would be useful
· Expert knowledge of the Microsoft suite (Excel / Powerpoint)
· Strong knowledge of Access
· Very high comfort working with numbers : rigour, analytical mind-set, ability to interpret numbers and synthesize
· Strong ability to perform advanced analysis, put numbers into perspective with other sources, etc
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
· Team spirit
· Flexibility: ability to work in a changing environment
· Project management skills
· Fluent English
· French and Portuguese are a plus
Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.