BNP Paribas Group:
BNP Paribas Group is a leading European bank with a strong global
footprint across 72 markets and more than 202,000 employees. The Group provides
corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service
solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial
services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management,
asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing
through strategic partnerships
BNP Paribas India Solutions:
Established in 2005,
BNP Paribas India Solutions is a wholly owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas
Group, a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. With delivery
centers located in Mumbai and Chennai, we are a 24x7 global delivery center.
We partner various business lines of BNP Paribas such as Corporate and
Institutional Banking, Wealth Management, Retail Banking through three
verticals - Information Technology, Operations and Finance Shared Services.
role is in Global Banking IT - Business Analysis and Solutions Team catering
to STS –
Specialized Trade Services projects. The
function is that of a Business analyst & coordination, working closely
with business and on-shore Product Owners/ Project Managers as well as
internal development, TCOE, IT security, architecture and other transversal
21st Nov 2019
Global Banking IT
Business Line / Function:
Number of Direct Reports:
Directorship / Registration:
To function as a Business Analyst for Specialized Trade Services (STS ) – catering to all applications within the domain.
To completely manage the implementations with Business
and other stakeholders.
Needs to be involved in the requirements gathering, writing of the business
requirements/user stories and functional specifications. Needs to liaise up
with the development team, TCOE, coordinate UAT and be involved in production
implementation. Improve the operational efficiency and cost savings.
The candidate must be able to :
• Clearly understand the client business requirements and provide
• Contribute to the analysis and drafting of business requirements and
• Assist TCoE team for SIT & business users during UAT cycles.
• Should be well versed with the SDLC cycle, Agile methodology, quality
and release control processes
• Should have high-level technical know-how to be able to drive
technical/security related changes with the IT teams.
Writing and Reviewing
BRDs, FSDs, User Stories and working closely with Business and operations
stakeholders for requirement analysis for STS – Specialized Trade Services applications.
Needs to be
involved in the requirements gathering, writing of the business requirements
and functional specifications. Needs to liaise up with the development team,
TCOE, coordinate UAT and be involved in production implementation.
Manage the project SDLC/
Agile governance and QA activities
Work closely with internal development, TCOE, IT
security, architecture and other transversal teams.
· Review overall solution to see the
best and optimized fit into the applications old and new.
· Work as a team player for topics
spanning across projects, teams.
· Quality conscious and appropriate documentation
complying with SDLC standards and agile project management practises.
· Work with Governance , QA , OPC teams to provide
timely updates on projects
· Contribute to managing the agile scrum meetings and
· Would act as L3 support for production issues /
queries as required.
INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL LIAISON
IT teams – local dev & TCoE.
The Product Teams from the BNPP business line.
Global Banking (GB) Operations users.
The candidate should have strong functional skills
and excellent communication skills.
The job requires
1. In depth knowledge on Commodity / Trade Finance (Letter of Credit,
Documentary Collections, Guarantees, Collaterals, Loans, Commissions).
2. Knowledge on Risk and Compliance related to Banking and Trade
3. Good understanding of the Trade Finance Swift
4. Familiarity with Camunda or any other BPMN
processes and Business Activity Monitoring.
Besides, the following skills are also expected:
5. Clear organization and ability to manage projects
6. Service-oriented attitude and strong commitment to client
7. Interpersonal skills, ability to consolidate action plans and report
8. Capable of adapting to a new environment and to work under pressure
towards tight deadlines
9. Analytical, lateral thinker and result-oriented person
10. Team player demonstrating self-initiative when necessary
11. Excellent verbal and written communication
Qualifications (if required)
• Around 5 - 8 years overall
• 3-5 years minimum experience of working/implementing Trade finance
systems and with good BPM experience.
• Working Knowledge of at least one Database (Oracle/MS SQL), 3-tier
architecture, Web application servers.
• Good fluency in English
• Graduate from a top University
- B.E./B.Tech, Graduates, Post
Behavioural Skills: (Please
select up to 4 skills)
Ability to deliver / Results driven
Creativity & Innovation / Problem solving
Transversal Skills: (Please
select up to 5 skills)
Ability to understand, explain and support change
Ability to manage / facilitate a meeting, seminar,
Ability to anticipate business / strategic evolution
Ability to manage a project
Degree or equivalent
least 5 years
Other/Specific Qualifications (if required)
Certification in Trade Finance (Good to have)