Business Analyst Projects - London and NAR
About BNP Paribas Group:
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 74 countries with more than 190,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 15,000 employees* and a presence in 14 markets, it provides clients with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs, and continues to develop its franchise in the region.
About BNP Paribas India Solutions:
Established in 2005, BNP Paribas India Solutions is a wholly owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas Group, a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. With delivery centers located in Mumbai and Chennai, we are a 24x7 global delivery center. We partner various business lines of BNP Paribas such as Corporate and Institutional Banking, Wealth Management, Retail Banking through three verticals - Information Technology, Operations and Finance Shared Services.
About Businessline /Function :
CFAS is a function within Finance Shared Services. Functionally, the team has a wide skill sets comprising of analytics, change mindset, project SDLC understanding and very strong stakeholder management.
Business Analyst / Senior Business Analyst
Business Line / Function:
Number of Direct Reports:
Directorship / Registration:
To become an expert in Beacon and to provide liaison, coordination, training and feedback related to Beacon for all the different teams in Mumbai as well as to work with the London BA team to contribute to the ongoing global rollout of BEACON
· Be responsible for new small deployments within regions already on-boarded (Wealth Management, BPSS in APAC)
· Manage introduction of new entities to Beacon
· Write Short Specification document
· Manage the setting up of new entities in test system (static data)
· Set up UAT with the users
Enhancements: Write user stories for small enhancements
Testing (Involvement in Regression Testing, System Testing and UAT):
· Synchronize all types of testing for the teams in Mumbai
· Regression testing synchronisation (and validation of the automated regression test pack for Mumbai teams).
· Manage environment preparation for testing/demos (file loading, static data expected).
· Prepare system test pack (in collaboration with other BAs).
· Perform system testing (in collaboration with other BAs).
· Raise Jira tickets for new issues identified in UAT
· Retest issues identified in UAT (in collaboration with other BAs).
Training - for each sprint:
Give training on new functionalities to GLO support, LAS APS and users when required.
· And/or send communications to support teams presenting the new functionalities developed.
· Update user guides with new functionalities deployed.
· Ensure that videos are up to date and synchronise with London and Montreal teams to ensure they are kept up to date.
· Coordinate and help to solve production issues that happen out of UK hours
· Testing of emergency fixes for release into production
· Produce post go live slides when on boarded a new region
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
· Good knowledge of General Ledger / Reporting or Controls
· Comfortable with basic office tools (Lotus Notes, MS Word, Outlook)
· Excellent knowledge and use of Microsoft skills (Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint, Visio, Project)
Master Degree or equivalent
At least 3 years
Other/Specific Qualifications (if required)
· Former experiences within a Finance function in Banking and Financial Services
· Prior experience in BFSI Domain (General Ledger, Controls)
Behavioural Skills / Competencies
· Good communication skill (Verbal and Written)
· Listening skills to elicit the user requirement and
· Good analytical skills to perform analysis
· Ability to plan, design, prepare and execute test cases (Manual and Automated)
· Traceability Matrix (Ability to map requirements and specifications to test cases and vice versa)
· Ability to analyse business functions and identify test scenarios (positive, negative, stress, regression, performance testing)
· Understanding of testing principles and practices and
· Ability to communicate effectively with Finance and IT teams
· Ability to work with tight deadlines
· Experience in working in Onsite – Offshore environment
· Knowledge of JIRA and Service Now